Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corian counter top in 96 31 open
I would like to change the galley counter top in my 31 open to Corian and change the 2 burner electric stove to a single flat inset induction stove and an under mounted sink with Corian filler.
I can't find wood plugs on the current teak trim and the galley seem to be built from the inside out.
has anyone done a counter top or stove removal that has the required steps? 
boatoutfitters.com sells the Corian and there are many cook tops out there.
thanks
Like Post Reply

Not sure on countertop removal. I've seen some guys just go right over the top of what's there and don't remove. You just use a lip to cover the edges that are now teak. Also don't get caught up buying the material from a boating website. You can find any thickness and color choice from a local DuPont corian dealer. They will also cut the material for you if you take them a template. My experience has been that the prices are reasonable to have someone cut this for you as they are using a CNC machine and it isn't very labor-intensive for them. On the new tiaras that I sell the most popular corian countertop color for the last three years has been witch hazel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply
Thanks
I thought about that and it sounds line the best plan, I will need to look at how to remove 2 burner cook top next time out to the boat storage barn. When I do the Corian I want to go with a flat single burner induction unit. (no knobs sticking up)
In the end i want to be able to have a flush mount Corian cover over the sink to open up counter space.
thanks again
[-] The following 1 user Likes Silver Rush's post:
bigboatben (01-10-2017)
Like Post Reply
On my 1994 3100 the cook top is easy to remove from above. Take the knobs off and you can pull up the panel on the right. There are two screws that hold the cooktop in on the right. No screws on the left side. I was able to replace the burners. Let me know if you want any more information.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sphilips2015's post:
Silver Rush (05-01-2017)
Like Post Reply
thanks I found them
Like Post Reply
(04-27-2017, 07:50 PM)sphilips2015 Wrote: On my 1994 3100 the cook top is easy to remove from above.  Take the knobs off and you can pull up the panel on the right.  There are two screws that hold the cooktop in on the right.  No screws on the left side.  I was able to replace the burners.  Let me know if you want any more information.

Hi, so the unit comes out easily?  What did you replace it with? I've never used mine and would love to reclaim some counter space.  Thanks!
Like Post Reply
I have not done anything yet but will do corian countertop and replace the 2 burner stove top with a single flush induction burner.
they are flat with flat controls and no knobs.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Open] Larger and Smart TV for 2006 3600 Open Trainman 0 762 10-20-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Trainman
  [Tiara Open] Extend Swim Platform 1988 36 Open tomconroy 1 685 09-19-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Hooper
  [Tiara Open] 3000 Open Randyracer1 0 917 05-31-2022, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Randyracer1
  Nautley Dinghy Davits for our 3500 Open Fiddlehead 8 8,215 04-24-2022, 11:17 AM
Last Post: MC1600
  Camperback for 1988 Tiara 3300 Open hutchyyj 1 2,726 05-09-2021, 02:49 PM
Last Post: mggilmorern@gmail.com