Tiara Yacht Owners Forum

Full Version: Removing Cabin Valance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have bought new soft goods and would like to take down and put new material on the valances in our cabin.  The boat is a 1999 35 Open.  

Anyone have any luck removing them?  I can't find any screws to remove. [attachment=85]

thanks

kent
(02-02-2015, 07:43 AM)torchlake99 Wrote: [ -> ]We have bought new soft goods and would like to take down and put new material on the valances in our cabin.  The boat is a 1999 35 Open.  

Anyone have any luck removing them?  I can't find any screws to remove. 

thanks

kent

I have removed mine, I have a 2000 3500 Open. Look behind the valance, there are screws and mounts that once unscrewed the valance can be removed. I don't have any photos but can get them next time at the boat but that will be a week or more. 
(02-02-2015, 07:43 AM)torchlake99 Wrote: [ -> ]We have bought new soft goods and would like to take down and put new material on the valances in our cabin.  The boat is a 1999 35 Open.  

Anyone have any luck removing them?  I can't find any screws to remove. 

thanks

kent

Should be 4 or 5 screw behind the valance on each side. I did it last year, replace the fabric. Actually was quite easy. just stripped off the fabric and all the staples, stretched the the new fabric over the frame and stapled. I would suggest marking port, starboard and forward and rearward. You can do that right on the backs, never will see it. Also wouldn't hurt to take a couple of pics behind them.
Thanks for the responses.  Will look again when on boat next, thought I checked carefully but will recheck.....
Took a good look while I was replacing the lighting with led's and no screws...... was able to see the back using a mirror and the only thing I can figure is it is a pressure clip of some sort holding the valance on.  

Have tried a sharp tug and no luck, not wanting to damage anything I am afraid to put too much force behind it.

Any ideas?
(02-10-2015, 06:45 AM)torchlake99 Wrote: [ -> ]Took a good look while I was replacing the lighting with led's and no screws...... was able to see the back using a mirror and the only thing I can figure is it is a pressure clip of some sort holding the valance on.  

Have tried a sharp tug and no luck, not wanting to damage anything I am afraid to put too much force behind it.

Any ideas?

Kent

At this point, not wanting ti break anything and not having seen it,  I think I might want to call Tiara. How do you like the LED's?
The valance is held on by screws that are in the 'wood box' for lack of a better term. I have enclosed a diagram that for the most party explains it I hope. 
[Image: valance.jpg]
(02-10-2015, 09:28 AM)trit21 Wrote: [ -> ]The valance is held on by screws that are in the 'wood box' for lack of a better term. I have enclosed a diagram that for the most party explains it I hope. 
[Image: valance.jpg]

Kent
Mine had no screws at the top also, just stayed in place. I would say that taking the screws out of the bottom should or would let the valance just come down. Nice pics
Perfect, thank you!  You're an artist.  I did get them down and you're drawing right on.  
Kent
Pretty funny because I am an artist I guess, own a sign company and do all the artwork for the vehicle wrap, tradeshow stuff we do. Thanks.