Tiara Yacht Owners Forum

Full Version: exhaust fittings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
  The surveyor recommends that the exhaust ports be reseated.  Is this a good idea, they seem to be OK.  What caulk would I use?   2001 3100 Open.
Not sure if I understand the question/concern as the exhaust ports that go through the hull, at least on my old 1997 31 Open and my current 2003 38 open, were fiber-glassed into the hull during manufacture... They are located on the hull side aft quarter near the stern. They are NOT through the stern.... Not sure where yours are located so can't figure out how re-sealing is required. Aren't they fiber-glassed into the hull?
(03-26-2015, 12:49 PM)ReelMagic Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if I understand the question/concern as the exhaust ports that go through the hull, at least on my old 1997 31 Open and my current 2003 38 open, were fiber-glassed into the hull during manufacture... They are located on the hull side aft quarter near the stern. They are NOT through the stern.... Not sure where yours are located so can't figure out how re-sealing is required. Aren't they fiber-glassed into the hull?

They are located as you state.  They seem to be held by 3 philips screws but are very solid which is why I am hesitant to try to remove them.
Believe the screws only hold on external covers that direct flow of water around the actual exhaust. You could use silicon to close any gaps but believe they are ornamental and don't affect the integrity of the hull/exhaust tube being waterproof.... M2C    
That reinforces my thought, thanks for the info.  Sometimes we do more harm fixing things that aren't broken.