Tiara Yacht Owners Forum

Full Version: tank monitors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a fresh water tank monitor and a waste water tank monitor both read 1/4 full all the time, full or empty. Ive looked at the tank side of both and they are hooked up. Anyone had problems with this and some insight on what I might do to get them reading correctly? The boat is a 1998 3100 open . :argh:
Probably the float inside the tank is not working anymore and gets stuck. I have the same situation on the holding tank of my 31. I am in the process of changing the float and its electrical component.
The level sensors are know for failure (especially the waste). Your only solution is to replace the sensors or live without the level monitors. Sometimes you get a year out of the sensors, sometimes a few years. It just depends on use or lack thereof.
Thank you I will look at that and see if we can get to it with ease and replace it.
I know this an old post, but my water and waste tanks were both reading full even when they were not. I found the tanks and senders, looked up the manufacturer's web site and found instructions for recalibrating the senders. Fortunately, it worked for me.

I have a 2005 Tiara 3800. The tank level system is made by Xintex, model LLM-2. The hard part was removing the senders, especially the one on the waste tank. Once removed (and cleaned up) the calibration involved applying 12-volts to the red and black wires with the white and green wires connected for 30 seconds while the sender sees empty condition (~1.5 in. Of water at the bottom of the tube). The full condition is calibrated by disconnecting the white and green wires for 30 seconds while the tube sees a full condition. Once calibrated the 12-volt supply is disconnected and the senders can be reinstalled. It worked for me!

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]