Tiara Yacht Owners Forum

Full Version: Forward Shower Pump Replacement.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently purchased a 1997 4000 Express.  The Rule 96b shower drain system is no longer functional in the forward bilge area.
I am trying to find a replacement but have had no luck.  All the shower pumps that I see for sale only have a max of 3 inlets.  
My boat has 4 with different size attachments.  The AC condensate 5/8" ID, Hot water tank drain 3/4" ID, shower drain 1 1/2" ID and the head sink drain 1 1/8".  There is no pump setup to accommodate this that I can find.  What do you recommend for this fix?
Hi,

Congrats are your new boat! I had the same issue on my 44' Sovran. Tiara actually bought stock units and drilled out for the extra taps. Mine has the master shower, guest sink, guest shower, and 2 A/C drains. Unless the 'box' is cracked, the pump and float switch are field replaceable.
Buy a regular sump pump and drill extra hole. Will need hose connector too. Did the same on 35 Open Tiara.
Just replace the pump or the float switch (Or both) . It is nothing more than a Rule 500gph pump and their regular float switch. They sell them at west marine.