Tiara Yacht Owners Forum

Full Version: Cockpit bolster cover replacement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

Has anyone purchased replacement bolsters from Tiara? Wondering what you get; just covers (material) or are they mounted and ready to bolt into place.

The boat is a 2003 31 LE.

Thanks,

Gary

Hey Gary, I bought a complete upholstery kit from Tiara for my 2001 3500 Open. What you get is the skins ready to install on the frames. The bolsters were not that hard to do. My frames were made from fiberglass strips so were in good shape. The seating was a little harder to do but taking my time they came out perfect. I did buy an upholstery pneumatic staple gun and stainless staples. The other thing you could do is either have an upholstery shop install them or make and install them for you. The factory upholstery is pretty expensive but my boat is in Mexico and to get the quality I just did it myself. I'm learning to do that more and more.
Hope that helps'
Chuck
I bought some top grade vinyl from a local canvas shop and did them myself. I think it was something like 3 yards for $60. I think a box of monel staples was around $30.

I didn't sew mine but folded the corners and edges. The hardest part was figuring out how to fold and pleat the inside corners. If you really look hard you can tell the difference between mine and a professionally sew bolster but no one else has ever noticed.

We decided to go with a local guy making a new set from scratch. The price is about the same and he has done canvas work for us in the past that worked out really well.