Tiara Yacht Owners Forum

Full Version: New electronics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I own a 1998 Taria 3100 open and looking to update Sonar, Radar , GPS.  that are user friendly . I live in the great lakes area and  fish on the great lakes and want to travel that area also and want reliable equipment. Any advise would be so much appreciated before I update over the winter. Thanks Steve L
I just upgraded to the new Simrad equipment from the original Raymarine that came with the boat. What a difference. I think you will find the top 3-4 brands are all very similar. There maybe some bells and whistles that are different but for the most part they have all very user friendly and the technologies are close. I have a friend with Garmin and another with the new Raymarine. Very similar to my new Simrad.
(10-31-2019, 06:51 AM)Steve L Wrote: [ -> ]I own a 1998 Taria 3100 open and looking to update Sonar, Radar , GPS.  that are user friendly . I live in the great lakes area and  fish on the great lakes and want to travel that area also and want reliable equipment. Any advise would be so much appreciated before I update over the winter. Thanks Steve L

I have a 96 31 open and love the boat.  I upgraded to Garmin 5 years ago (I guess a long time in marine electronics) and find them to be very user friendly, especially compared to the Furuno and Raymarine.  And incredibly reliable.  I think among the top brands I'd make my decision based on who provides the best service in your area when you need a little tweak or have a software upgrade that doesn't quite take.
FYI Raymarine is now owned by flir and the customer service is excellent, far better than it was. Probably can't go wrong with any of the top 3 or 4. If your having it installed professionally I would ask for there recommendation.
I installed Simrad (2 9" displays, sidescan and radar) on my 24" trophy and loved it. The dual radar ranges were great when running in at night!
I just upgraded my 41 open to all Garmin. GPS plotter, depth, radar Sirius satellite weather and radio. I had Garmin on my last few boats and have never had a problem with any of it. Good products with great customer service.
I am doing upgrades again on my 2nd tiara 47 all Garmin !!
Loved it so much on my 38

Capt Brett M Sause
USCG Master Licensed Captain
443-220-4339
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(11-01-2019, 09:32 PM)Sans Peur Wrote: [ -> ]I just upgraded my 41 open to all Garmin. GPS plotter, depth, radar Sirius satellite weather and radio.  I had Garmin on my last few boats and have never had a problem with any of it. Good products with great customer service.

what model did you upgrade with ? Thanks for your time...

(11-02-2019, 07:37 AM)bsause Wrote: [ -> ]I am doing upgrades again on my 2nd tiara 47 all Garmin !!

Capt Brett M Sause
443-220-4339

What model did you upgrade with , Thanks for your help
I have twin Garmin 8012 touch screens and the 24kw xHD radar. Had to make a new dash panel but it came out clean.
(11-03-2019, 06:22 AM)Steve L Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2019, 09:32 PM)Sans Peur Wrote: [ -> ]I just upgraded my 41 open to all Garmin. GPS plotter, depth, radar Sirius satellite weather and radio.  I had Garmin on my last few boats and have never had a problem with any of it. Good products with great customer service.

what model did you upgrade with ? Thanks for your time...

(11-02-2019, 07:37 AM)bsause Wrote: [ -> ]I am doing upgrades again on my 2nd tiara 47 all Garmin !!

Capt Brett M Sause
443-220-4339

What model did you upgrade with , Thanks for your help

Had 8612 ‘s
AIS Transponder / receiver
And hd radar 4’

Awesome !!

Capt Brett M Sause