Tiara Yacht Owners Forum

Full Version: Repower '04 2900
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I own a 2004 Coronet 2900 with 5.7 Crusaders with 1900 hours. Both engines need elbows, exhaust manifolds, oil and transmission coolers. Oil analysis shows salt in Port engine so probably needs valve job. Probably will do both engines at the same time. Also considering re-power with Crusader 6.0 MPI non catalytic. Any comments and do I need differ props for reposer.
I saw these at the Miami boatshow last year. They work with your current transmissions and are only $10k each turn key.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How does Indmar engines compare with Crusaders. I know Crusaders are more expensive but how is the durability. How many hours should a gas marine engine last?
I think they are pretty good. Did you look at the spec’s? It’s a turbo 4 cylinder making 310HP and very light compared to your 5.7L. Plus you would have tons of room to around them and good burn rates.

Noticed the Spec's call for 93 octane fuel. Around here there aren't many marinas carrying 93 octane. Do they run OK on 87???
Good question, I think that we will have to find out. I’ll call them this week.

You say you need oil coolers, is that possibly the source of the salt contamination?
(11-11-2019, 06:00 AM)ReelMagic Wrote: [ -> ]Noticed the Spec's call for 93 octane fuel. Around here there aren't many marinas carrying 93 octane. Do they run OK on 87???

From Indmar

“The power loss with 91 should be very minimal. Below is the fuel recommendation from the Owner's Manual. “[Image: 225e719c02899919537144a66ab821d9.jpg]

Larry Engelbert
Indmar Marine Engines
901-353-9930 Ext. 1050

(11-10-2019, 11:38 PM)billholly Wrote: [ -> ]I own a 2004 Coronet 2900 with 5.7 Crusaders with 1900 hours. Both engines need elbows, exhaust manifolds, oil and transmission coolers. Oil analysis shows salt in Port engine so probably needs valve job. Probably will do both engines at the same time. Also considering re-power with Crusader 6.0 MPI non catalytic. Any comments and do I need differ props for reposer.

Have you checked compression and done a leak down check on your 5.7L?