Tiara Yacht Owners Forum

Full Version: electrical diagrams, equipment locations etc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The 31 engine room is pretty full, I'm looking for drawings or diagrams showing various equipment locations

Thanks

Hartsnet
Call tiara direct and have your hin number ready

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please let me know how you make out. I recently took possession of a 1988 3100 and am the same boat.

Two different attempts to get the information from Tiara resulted in an owners manual for a 1998 model and being told, by two different customer reps, that they didn't have wiring documentation that went back that far.

I've been de-constructing all of the wiring---wire by wire---and am down to a solitary black 12v wire, labeled as #6 (in a factory bundle) that the breaker says Battery Charger. The boat no longer has the factory charger. I had hoped it was simply repurposed for the replacement inverter/charger but no such luck.

Any idea where the factory charger was initially installed in you 90' ?

There is a tool I've used by Triplett called Fox and Hound. With a pair of clip leads, you clip on to the wire you're trying to trace and then using a probe, you just follow the beeps and flashing lights and trace down the wire with the signal on it. If I had known I was going to spend this much time on the job, I would have bought one in the first place. Maybe there's an app for that Smile
Here's the overall wiring diagrams from my 1998 31 Open.  I have the detail diagrams as well, but there are 30 or so pages, a few too many to post.  If there's something specific replay and I can take a look.
here is what I have from my owners manual , from a 1989 31 open .
That is great---thank you!

I am so excited---I have been unable to find a wiring diagram for DC or AC systems or much of anything for my 88' 31 Open---much appreciated.

Not to be greedy but do you have anything else that you think might be of interest to others who own that vintage? I'm a packrat when it comes to documentation Smile

Thanks again regardless!
(11-06-2020, 07:12 PM)Jimmy Wrote: [ -> ]here is what I have from my owners manual , from a 1989 31 open .

I was lucky enough to receive the owners manual for my 1989 31 Open .Small file cabinet came with the boat.
Can't say it has everything but it has the basics .
If you need a system I could scan another page .
I would caution you guys on wiring if the previous owners have changed anything , I have a couple of issues myself , just takes time to ring them all out.