Tiara Yacht Owners Forum

Full Version: Replacement Guages 31 Open
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a 1995 Tiara 31 with a couple of intermittent gauges (a couple of knocks on the lens and they are good to go). Does anyone know if replacements are available?
I like my 1996 open they are VDO vanguard with dual color led lighting red and blue green. they don't make them any more and repair is expensive.
Here is the link to a repair shop:

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Just so you know, before you change brands make sure the senders have the same specs. For example, some VDO's do not read correctly with Stuart Warner senders. Also be aware that you need single station senders unless you have a tower with gauges. Capt. George
I just replaced my voltmeters on my 2003 38 Open that had Vanguard gauges with VDO Onyx Viewline gauges. They look the same as the Vanguard ones and are flush mounted the same as the Vanguard ones. Only problem is that you need to make/buy the flush mount kit.... I made mine and they look just like the Vanguard ones....... Suggest you take a look at these as they use the same sending units as the vanguard series and look the same.... M2C...... Found them on the VDO web site and ordered them from GAUGES.COM
thanks for the info guys, now at least i have a good starting point.