Tiara Yacht Owners Forum

Full Version: Hatch trim gasket - 29 Coronet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I removed this metal trim piece off the hatch cover leading to the cabin of my boat to have it refinished. It has this groove which looks like it should have some type of weather stripping installed to keep water out. As you can see in the pics, it would have a 'T' shape & the groove is about 1/8" wide.

I haven't seen anything like this at the local hardware stores. Any ideas where I might find it? There was nothing there when I removed the piece, but I thought it might be nice to put something there if I can find something inexpensive.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
I'm sure that there are many sources out there for this - after a very quick search I found this site [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and it looks like it has many different sizes and options.

You may also want to try your local glass/window repair shop.
Thanks. It seems like most places online want to sell 10 or 20 ft minimum. I'll have to try to find someplace locally so I can just buy the 2' or so I need.
My Coronet is a 2001. I think the same part is made from plastic. It looks identical and has the same groove. The groove is mounted flush to the cover it secures to and there is no gasket in the groove.

I took a couple pictures and could send them to you, if you want to provide me with an email.