Tiara Yacht Owners Forum

Full Version: 38 open ice maker replacement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I d like to replace my ice maker with a a refrigerator on my 38 open .has anyone found a perfect fit for this space with a refrigerator..Thanks Bill
(10-10-2021, 07:12 PM)williamwalter Wrote: [ -> ]I d like to replace my ice maker with a a refrigerator on my 38 open .has anyone found a perfect fit for this space with a refrigerator..Thanks Bill

I have been researching the same topic for our 38 Open. Try the Nova Kool R1200.
(10-11-2021, 11:51 AM)38OpenMichigan Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2021, 07:12 PM)williamwalter Wrote: [ -> ]I d like to replace my ice maker with a a refrigerator on my 38 open .has anyone found a perfect fit for this space with a refrigerator..Thanks Bill

I have been researching the same topic for our 38 Open. Try the Nova Kool R1200.

Thanks great info looks like a perfect fit.Have you found any others.looks like nova kool is backed up six months..Bill
NR740BB Norcold is what I have. Keeps beer very cold. works with A/C or D/C
Have a 94 4000 express replaced with a magic chef 1.7 cubic ft from home depot works great. Lot cheaper but I have an invertor.
(10-12-2021, 06:52 PM)dplunske@cwpm.net Wrote: [ -> ]Have a 94 4000 express replaced with a magic chef 1.7 cubic ft from home depot works great. Lot cheaper but I have an invertor.

Thanks for the info .I’m leaning toward an ac/ dc since my main fridge is almost 20 years old.Think it would be a good backup in case that failed.Parts are hard to come by.Maybe if I order now I’ll have it for next year. Bill
Icerette Ice maker:
Is there a way to use it as a freezer only? not as an ice maker?
You can disconnect the water supply behind it and just leave it plugged in to use as a freezer. Just make sure to connect the water supply in-line with the freshwater supply to the sink so it doesn't leak.