Tiara Yacht Owners Forum

Full Version: 2018 38LS Black water tank location
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title implies, I have a “new to me” 2018 38ls and for the life of me I am unable to locate the black water tank.  The manual states that it is on the starboard side of the mechanical room.  Don’t see it, nor do I see a removable hatch that would give me obvious access.

Little help?
(03-09-2024, 05:50 PM)Scottbee Wrote: [ -> ]As the title implies, I have a “new to me” 2018 38ls and for the life of me I am unable to locate the black water tank.  The manual states that it is on the starboard side of the mechanical room.  Don’t see it, nor do I see a removable hatch that would give me obvious access.

Little help?

Found it!  Now I know why Tiara apparently moved it on newer models!  If anyone ever needs to remove this tank or service the 3-float Dometic level sender they are in for heartache!  (I wanted access so I could add a pressure based level sender that ties into the NMEA 2000 bus).

If anyone is looking for the tank in this model/year…. remove the hatch in the head that gives you access to the vent filter (8 screws).  Look toward the stern of the boat, you’ll see the vacuum pump and holding tank for the  Vacuflush head.  Now look down and you’ll see a small opening… about 5” X 8”.  Through that opening you can see the top of the tank.  ???