Tiara Yacht Owners Forum
2900 Waste Tank - Printable Version

+- Tiara Yacht Owners Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Tiara Yachts Discussion Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: 2900 Waste Tank (/showthread.php?tid=1468)

Pages: 1 2


RE: 2900 Waste Tank - ReelNauti - 06-10-2015

Behind the engine. That should be the Y Valve. It should lead to the macerator pump or the deck plate.

 


RE: 2900 Waste Tank - Uhehner - 06-11-2015

I can't say which valve to turn, I don't have your plumbing diagram. It should show in the owners manual. I have had a similar problem caused by the vent being plugged. You must let air in to the tank order to suck waste out. Use a dental pick to remove the fire screen in the vent. A powerful vacuum suction will actually collapse your waste tank if the vent is plugged.  Now that's a real mess.  That screen is only needed on fuel vents and corrodes up badly on waste tank vents.  I also removed the screen on my water tank vent. No more slow fills. While you are at it, clean your fuel tank screens for a faster fill without a blow back. I spray in WD40.  Vent maintenance should be on every body's to-do list. Bugs love to live there and plug them up.
When you unscrew your fill caps listen for a hiss. If you hear one you have a vent problem.
Capt. George


RE: 2900 Waste Tank - davidpriolo - 06-11-2015

(06-11-2015, 07:25 AM)Uhehner Wrote: I can't say which valve to turn, I don't have your plumbing diagram. It should show in the owners manual. I have had a similar problem caused by the vent being plugged. You must let air in to the tank order to suck waste out. Use a dental pick to remove the fire screen in the vent. A powerful vacuum suction will actually collapse your waste tank if the vent is plugged.  Now that's a real mess.  That screen is only needed on fuel vents and corrodes up badly on waste tank vents.  I also removed the screen on my water tank vent. No more slow fills. While you are at it, clean your fuel tank screens for a faster fill without a blow back. I spray in WD40.  Vent maintenance should be on every body's to-do list. Bugs love to live there and plug them up.
When you unscrew your fill caps listen for a hiss. If you hear one you have a vent problem.
Capt. George

thanks guys,  Ill try the engine room  valve first


RE: 2900 Waste Tank - veromon - 06-16-2015

[quote='ReelNauti' pid='4351' dateline='1433971190']
Behind the engine. That should be the Y Valve. It should lead to the macerator pump or the deck plate.

 
Be sure your Y-valve is set for overboard discharge, not deck, before activating the macerator switch.
I had a friend...... OK it was me who forgot to do (only one time) and it will suck-in the side of the holding tank several inches. Thank goodness I didn't burn-out the pump.