![]() |
|
Porthole Gaskets - Printable Version +- Tiara Yacht Owners Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum) +-- Forum: Tiara Yachts Discussion Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6) +--- Forum: General Repairs & Maintenance (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10) +--- Thread: Porthole Gaskets (/showthread.php?tid=7818) Pages:
1
2
|
RE: Porthole Gaskets - GeoDoc - 08-23-2021 No need to. They only made two sizes so I now have The part number for the gasket itself and a picture of it. The picture they sent, however, is unfortunately too large got post here. Porthole Gaskets - Misdirection - 08-25-2021 I have a GG Schmitt gasket kit 666-018 that I ordered by mistake if thats the part you need. Has the gasket, glue. And screen from what I recall. Still sitting in the box they shipped to me. Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk RE: Porthole Gaskets - GeoDoc - 08-25-2021 Thanks for the offer. That is the correct part #. I am going to wait and see what they offer me in the way of price in case anyone else here needs one or more. Do you remember what you paid... for my reference point? I may order more than one myself. Thanks again!! Porthole Gaskets - Misdirection - 08-25-2021 I do not recall what I paid for it. The invoice is in the box, but it didn't have the price listed. Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk RE: Porthole Gaskets - MC1600 - 03-14-2022 Hate to resurrect this issue for the 10,000th time, but does the outer ring need to come off in order to get the new gasket and screen installed? Does anyone have a quick write-up of how to change these out? Porthole Gaskets - Misdirection - 03-14-2022 Mine were very similar to this video. These are the Bomar portlights, which are very similar. Watch "How to replace your boat screens" on YouTube Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk RE: Porthole Gaskets - MC1600 - 03-14-2022 Incredibly helpful, thank you. I’m on the fence about whether to rebed the outside. The leaking I’ve been getting is coming from behind the screw heads. I’d love for the new seals alone to fix my problem. RE: Porthole Gaskets - hiccup - 03-14-2022 I just completely removed and replaced all 6 portlights with new units bought directly from gg schmitt. If I get a few spare moments I will write up the procedure I used. In my opinion you should plan on replacing these things every 10 years or so. I think Tiara did a good job on the install in my boat (core was well protected), but they were spent and needed to come out. The newer model portlight has a much better gasket design as well. |