Tiara Yacht Owners Forum
Princess 2 Burner Stove Top - Printable Version

+- Tiara Yacht Owners Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Tiara Yachts Discussion Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Electronics & Navigation (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Princess 2 Burner Stove Top (/showthread.php?tid=2611)



Princess 2 Burner Stove Top - mikefromlb - 02-15-2016

Original stove top on my 1989 Tiara 33 Open stopped working. Microwave is working fine. 
Stove and Microwave seem to be a combo unit.
Do not have Tech. Manual to troubleshoot.
Can knowledgeable owners share your thoughts how I can get it working again.
Thank you.


RE: Princess 2 Burner Stove Top - Uhehner - 02-17-2016

On my '88 36, the stove and microwave are on two seperate 120 volt 20 amp breakers. They are not a combo unit. The red power indicator only comes on after a burner is turned on. As I recall, my 31 was the same way. Hope this helps. Capt. George


RE: Princess 2 Burner Stove Top - Uhehner - 02-17-2016

As a follow up when I was on my boat, the wire size is #12 AWG and the connection is hardwired in a junction box under the right rear of the stove. The stove is held in with two screws on each side that are screwed into the counter top. I would lift it out and measure the voltage for starters. Capt. George


RE: Princess 2 Burner Stove Top - mikefromlb - 02-20-2016

(02-17-2016, 11:52 AM)Uhehner Wrote: As a follow up when I was on my boat, the wire size is #12 AWG and the connection is hardwired in a junction box under the right rear of the stove. The stove is held in with two screws on each side that are screwed into the counter top. I would lift it out and measure the voltage for starters.  Capt. George

(02-20-2016, 01:22 PM)mikefromlb Wrote:
(02-17-2016, 11:52 AM)Uhehner Wrote: As a follow up when I was on my boat, the wire size is #12 AWG and the connection is hardwired in a junction box under the right rear of the stove. The stove is held in with two screws on each side that are screwed into the counter top. I would lift it out and measure the voltage for starters.  Capt. George

Thank you Capt. George:
I am still searching for the fuse block. So far, only location is the fuse box below the helm. Have yet to locate the stove fuse inside the cabin.
I did find the manual on the stove. Princess was sold to a company called Whale and repair parts are available here out west. 
Mike


RE: Princess 2 Burner Stove Top - Uhehner - 02-21-2016

You should be looking for a circuit breaker panel where the main AC meter is displayed. Not a fuse panel. And I would not expect it to be in the cockpit area but rather in the cabin. The stove will not be on a fuse. Looking at pictures of a 33 Open power panel, the stove breaker is the second one from the top of the AC section.   Capt. George