Tiara Yacht Owners Forum
Prop and shaft - Printable Version

+- Tiara Yacht Owners Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Tiara Yachts Discussion Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Repairs & Maintenance (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Prop and shaft (/showthread.php?tid=3015)



Prop and shaft - 50boat - 05-24-2016

Hi, like some input about prop Dia. Pitch, cup # 1993- 33 open 350 hp gas ,, loaded light fuel full, I think I have way to much bow rise and full down tabs most of the time. Maybe 50percent down at 4400 rpm, thinking x number of prop cup will give some stern lift and reduce down tab drag. # 2 does any one know the the thread pitch on the prop shaft and the shaft Dia. Thinking of changing props to larger Dia. And 3 blade to 4 blade no shire close to the hull the prop blades can be thanks to all Captain


RE: Prop and shaft - tglass - 05-25-2016

I had HyTORQ 18x21 3 blades on my 1988 33 Open(350 Crusaders) and had to replace them and the local propeller shop recommended Michigan Wheel 18x21 3 blade DJX's.  The only time I needed full tab was if the boat was fully loaded with fuel at cruising RPM of 3300/3400.  300 gallons of fuel is quite a lot for that size boat(1800 lbs) so I'm not surprised a lot of tab is needed.  The HyTORQ were fine but the DJX props were an improvement, regardless I think 3 blade 18x21's are the right prop for the Crusaders.  Whatever you do have them tuned, it makes a huge difference.  Pretty sure the shaft diameter is 1.5"


RE: Prop and shaft - 50boat - 06-01-2016

(05-25-2016, 09:58 AM)tglass Wrote: I had HyTORQ 18x21 3 blades on my 1988 33 Open(350 Crusaders) and had to replace them and the local propeller shop recommended Michigan Wheel 18x21 3 blade DJX's.  The only time I needed full tab was if the boat was fully loaded with fuel at cruising RPM of 3300/3400.  300 gallons of fuel is quite a lot for that size boat(1800 lbs) so I'm not surprised a lot of tab is needed.  The HyTORQ were fine but the DJX props were an improvement, regardless I think 3 blade 18x21's are the right prop for the Crusaders.  Whatever you do have them tuned, it makes a huge difference.  Pretty sure the shaft diameter is 1.5"

Ok thanks