Tiara Yacht Owners Forum
Cutlass Bearings 1996 20 Open Gas - Printable Version

+- Tiara Yacht Owners Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Tiara Yachts Discussion Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Repairs & Maintenance (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Cutlass Bearings 1996 20 Open Gas (/showthread.php?tid=3056)



Cutlass Bearings 1996 20 Open Gas - roboh20 - 06-03-2016

I need to replace both cutlass bearings and was wondering the process and what the cost might be. thanks


RE: Cutlass Bearings 1996 20 Open Gas - Uhehner - 06-05-2016

I never had it done but I watched yard workers press them out without pulling the shafts, just the props. They had a hydraulic press that clamped on the shaft.
 It did not look like a DIY job. No idea of the cost but they were done in no time.  Just my 2 cents.  Capt.  George


RE: Cutlass Bearings 1996 20 Open Gas - roboh20 - 06-05-2016

Thanks Capt., Was about to go in the water and noticed the rubber part of the bearing coming out of the stut in the rear by the prop. Figured it was time to get it done, probably due. Thanks again.


RE: Cutlass Bearings 1996 20 Open Gas - 50boat - 07-01-2016

(06-03-2016, 06:08 PM)roboh20 Wrote: I need to replace both cutlass bearings and was wondering the process and what the cost might be. thanks

Just had them replaced , bearings engine alinement shaft seals $ 1100 norms props works dock side work great workman ship. 941 830 2380 fl west cost