Tiara Yacht Owners Forum
sending units for water and waste tanks - Printable Version

+- Tiara Yacht Owners Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Tiara Yachts Discussion Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Repairs & Maintenance (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: sending units for water and waste tanks (/showthread.php?tid=3069)



sending units for water and waste tanks - drifter - 06-07-2016

Does anyone have a source for the sending units for water and waste.  2001 3100 Open.
Thanks


RE: sending units for water and waste tanks - pHotoman41 - 06-07-2016

(06-07-2016, 11:43 AM)drifter Wrote: Does anyone have a source for the sending units for water and waste.  2001 3100 Open.
Thanks

Drifter, you might want to check with Tiara itself. I have purchased some parts from them. If they don't sell the unit, they might be able to tell you the original supplier. Otherwise you can check with a supplier like WEMA USA Inc., Jamestown Distributors or, Defender Industries. Good luck.


RE: sending units for water and waste tanks - trit21 - 06-07-2016

I bought mine from Defender. Water sendor was VDO and the waste tank was WEMA as mentioned above. Not sure if that is what came originally but that was what was on the boat when I purchased it so replaced with the same. They really are junk and I keep having problems with mine. I was going to replace them with a magnetic sensor or something 'newer' technology but they were to expensive for my tastes for just water and waste sensor. 


RE: sending units for water and waste tanks - drifter - 06-08-2016

Thanks.  Any hints on replacing them, as usual not in a convenient location.  Loooong arms needed.