Tiara Yacht Owners Forum
RPM at WOT - Printable Version

+- Tiara Yacht Owners Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Tiara Yachts Discussion Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Repairs & Maintenance (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: RPM at WOT (/showthread.php?tid=3129)



RPM at WOT - Jim Gilly - 06-19-2016

Where would I find what RPM my 715hp Cummins should be turning at WOT; and what speed over the ground should my boat achieve (subject to sea conditions, hull cleaning, etc.)?


RE: RPM at WOT - ReelMagic - 06-20-2016

Contact Tiara customer service they most likely have the performance data for your boat.... Other option  is to look up your engines on the Cummins Web site.... Best bet is Tiara as the performance data includes speed at various engine RPM including fuel burn rate (GPH)........


RE: RPM at WOT - Jim Gilly - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 05:08 AM)ReelMagic Wrote: Contact Tiara customer service they most likely have the performance data for your boat.... Other option  is to look up your engines on the Cummins Web site.... Best bet is Tiara as the performance data includes speed at various engine RPM including fuel burn rate (GPH)........

I sho have thought of that! Thanks for jogging my forgetful memory.


RE: RPM at WOT - Crown Royal - 06-20-2016

It should be listed on the serial number plate as 715 HP @ xxxxRPM you should be able to get about 50 to 100 RMP above rated RPM. I would also suggest joining boatdiesel.com you will find many answers to your questions there.


RE: RPM at WOT - Jim Gilly - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 09:33 PM)Crown Royal Wrote: It should be listed on the serial number plate as 715 HP @ xxxxRPM you should be able to get about 50 to 100 RMP above rated RPM. I would also suggest joining boatdiesel.com you will find many answers to your questions there.

I'll check the plate; Brian Kane at Tiara was kind enough to send me performance specs for a lightly loaded new hull from tests made in 2007.


RE: RPM at WOT - Uhehner - 06-21-2016

Make sure the engines are NOT OVER PROPed.  Cummins QSM11's have an exhaust manifold warping / cracking problem if they run hot from being overloaded. I'm talking about a $25,000 repair. Boatdiesel.com has some info on this and YES join up for $25.00.
Capt. George