![]() |
|
Looking at purchasing a 47 Sovran- Need Advice - Printable Version +- Tiara Yacht Owners Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum) +-- Forum: General Discussion Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3) +--- Forum: Tiara Yachts Model Discussion (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24) +--- Thread: Looking at purchasing a 47 Sovran- Need Advice (/showthread.php?tid=3754) |
Looking at purchasing a 47 Sovran- Need Advice - BradleyB - 11-29-2016 Hello everyone! It's been some time since I have owned a Tiara. My wife & I had a 1998 40 Express with 3208s. I'm currently looking at the late model 47 Sovran's. A concern of mine is the helm / sitting area. Being under the hardtop and surrounding windshield, does it get hot & stuffy even with the front vent open? Any input would be greatly appreciated and any other advice i.e pros & cons is there a better year or options than another years, etc. Thank You!
Looking at purchasing a 47 Sovran- Need Advice - bigboatben - 01-05-2017 You get pretty good airflow through the windshield vent and hard top opening hatches. If I were looking to purchase one of these boats I would try to find one with the optional cockpit heat and air-conditioning. As a Tiara salesperson and broker I find the 4400 to be a hard sell due the cabin/salon layout. If I personally was looking for a big Tiara cruiser I'd find the best Tiara 5200 Express I could afford and buy it! The whole layout of the boat is much better. If you go look at both of them you'll see what I mean. Good luck! Hope this helps Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk RE: Looking at purchasing a 47 Sovran- Need Advice - DavidB - 01-05-2017 I have a 43 Sovran with 2 AC units supplying the cockpit (total 32,000 BTU). One unit keeps the cockpit fairly cool on days when it is in the 70's or low 80's. Anything more than that requires both units running to really keep it cool. The 2 units really do a good job in the Florida heat and sun. Looking at purchasing a 47 Sovran- Need Advice - bigboatben - 01-06-2017 (01-05-2017, 08:02 PM)DavidB Wrote: I have a 43 Sovran with 2 AC units supplying the cockpit (total 32,000 BTU). One unit keeps the cockpit fairly cool on days when it is in the 70's or low 80's. Anything more than that requires both units running to really keep it cool. The 2 units really do a good job in the Florida heat and sun. Here in California we are more likely to use the reverse cycle heat then A/C lol. (Unless you in the delta) I've run a 2008 43 with cockpit A/C quite a bit. We only use one of the cockpit heaters. usually on the side were the ladies are sitting even with the cockpit only being enclosed on three sides keeps it nice and warm. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk RE: Looking at purchasing a 47 Sovran- Need Advice - BradleyB - 01-09-2017 Thanks everyone! I wish a 52' would fit in my boat slip. Still considering the 47' for the SF Bay & Delta.... Looking at purchasing a 47 Sovran- Need Advice - bigboatben - 01-10-2017 (01-09-2017, 03:19 PM)BradleyB Wrote: Thanks everyone! There is a blue 44 in Redondo Beach. Same boat as the 47 as you know. It's been on the market for over a year. I bet you could pick it up for a good price. The only 47 for sale that I know of is in BC? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk RE: Looking at purchasing a 47 Sovran- Need Advice - roberthoran - 01-24-2017 I owned a 2006 Sovran 44, sometime called 47 for 4 years and it was a great running boat, easy 25 kt cruise with Cummins 660s. I had cockpit air and on those hot days would be very comfortable with it running. We boated in New England. I liked everything about her except as mentioned in a prior response, the cabin was a little closed in. I'm 6 feet over 200 lbs and was able to service both sides of the engines, generator was more difficult to get access other than routine stuff, had to remove the aft hydraulic table for full access. Bob |