Tiara Yacht Owners Forum
hardtop for 3500 - Printable Version

+- Tiara Yacht Owners Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Nautical Flea Market (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Boat Part Classifieds - NO BOATS (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: hardtop for 3500 (/showthread.php?tid=4013)

hardtop for 3500 - sbrik223@gmai.com - 02-07-2017

Hello Tiara Tightlines- I'm looking for a hardtop for my 3500. if there is a used one out there, that would be great. Otherwise, I understand that there's a company in Vancouver, Canada that builds them. I'm in process of converting my 3500 Open to a sport fisher. Would like to install a small tower on top. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. wd40

RE: hardtop for 3500 - trit21 - 02-08-2017

I think it would be best to get a local company to quote you on a hardtop and the tuna/ marlin tower. I had that quote out in FL , price was just at $50,000. Now the hardtop had many upgrades , rod storage, led lighting, spreader light built in etc etc, included all controls up top as well. I decided it wasn't worth it. So priced out just the hardtop, $15,000 installed. Was ready to pull the trigger then my truck decided it wanted to retire. So, no hardtop either. But, I think $15,000 for a custom hardtop was a good deal consider Tiara was (maybe they still are) selling factory hardtops for that price, shipping and install not included. 

Be careful of the ones you see on the internet, most of them are just skin tops, in other words you can't put any weight on it or walk on them at all. Very light weight but not structural at all. I am not sure of the Vancouver one, just wanted to let you know I have done alot of research about 2-3 years ago and most , except custom and the Tiara factory, on the internet especially are the skin type of tops. 

RE: hardtop for 3500 - vdimenna - 02-12-2017

(02-08-2017, 04:39 PM)trit21 Wrote: I think it would be best to get a local company to quote you on a hardtop and the tuna/ marlin tower. I had that quote out in FL , price was just at $50,000. Now the hardtop had many upgrades , rod storage, led lighting, spreader light built in etc etc, included all controls up top as well. I decided it wasn't worth it. So priced out just the hardtop, $15,000 installed. Was ready to pull the trigger then my truck decided it wanted to retire. So, no hardtop either. But, I think $15,000 for a custom hardtop was a good deal consider Tiara was (maybe they still are) selling factory hardtops for that price, shipping and install not included. 

Be careful of the ones you see on the internet, most of them are just skin tops, in other words you can't put any weight on it or walk on them at all. Very light weight but not structural at all. I am not sure of the Vancouver one, just wanted to let you know I have done alot of research about 2-3 years ago and most , except custom and the Tiara factory, on the internet especially are the skin type of tops. 

What he said. I've been looking for a hardtop for my 3100 for a while too. Most are skinned or composite. I did speak to fabricator in Vancouver who sounded like he knew what he was talking about and would build me a "factory" like top that was structural. Shipping to the east coast would've killed me, needless to say, I'm still looking.