Tiara Yacht Owners Forum
Tiara model direction - Printable Version

+- Tiara Yacht Owners Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Tiara Yachts Model Discussion (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Tiara model direction (/showthread.php?tid=4803)



Tiara model direction - bpy - 08-21-2017

I am curious of the direction Tiara is going with their product line.   As an owner of a 3200 that I fish out of a lot, I don't see a boat they manufacture at this time that would be a 'replacement'.   Looking at their website, it looks like the 36 is no longer going to be offered and the new LS series, while nice, has no fishing capabilities at all.  And the 31 is a cruising boat with no fishing options offered. 

I realize that the market has shifted to outboard power, but what if you want a mid 30' boat and don't want to fight outboards off the transom while fighting a fish? 

Maybe the demand just isn't there.....and maybe I'm hard headed and don't see the benefits outweighing the positives of outboard power....

I guess the good news is that I really still love my boat. 

Just my $.02...and wondering if anyone has any insight.


RE: Tiara model direction - sbw1 - 10-26-2017

I guess consumer tastes must be changing. We bought an open in 2004 because it was the first Tiara that we liked. The current 39 is a nice looking boat but is too expensive. We do not care for the styling of the boats priced within our budget. We are keeping the 2004 which we use a lot. And, rather than buy a new Tiara, we bought a new 2018 Porsche which is more "practical". (:-)


RE: Tiara model direction - ReelMagic - 10-26-2017

Take a look at the Pursuit line. Most if not all are designed for fishing although they are outboards.... Great boats as they come from Tiara as well. S2 Yachrts is the parent company of both Tiara and Pursuit.. I love my 2003 38 Open and am not looking to change either


RE: Tiara model direction - bpy - 10-27-2017

sbw1.......nice work on the Porsche!

The new Pursuit line is really nice, and might be the direction I go one day. However, if you go with their Offshore line (which is most similar to my 3200), then you're fighting engines hanging off the transom if you bottom fish like I do in the Northern Gulf of Mexico. If you go with their new sport line, which looks VERY nice, then you're getting in the Center Console market and further away from the Open style that I'm used to. And I understand that anything 36' and bigger is built in the Holland plant, so you're getting a Tiara.

Just throwing things out there for discussion. At this point...I may never sell my boat! It checks so many boxes for me.....


RE: Tiara model direction - shipwritdave - 01-08-2018

Looking At 3600 conv any feedback would be appreciated


RE: Tiara model direction - greylion - 01-12-2018

The Tiara dealer in my Harbor cannot sell opens anymore, most of their customers want cruising style boats, so they sell their coupes. The fisherman here mostly can’t afford new Tiaras so they buy used or smaller boats.