Tiara Yacht Owners Forum
[Tiara Open] Glare on windshield - Printable Version

+- Tiara Yacht Owners Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Tiara Yachts Model Discussion (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: [Tiara Open] Glare on windshield (/showthread.php?tid=4804)



Glare on windshield - s.moore@jemtechgroup.com - 08-21-2017

I have a 36 open 2005  

Love the boat . Hate the glare from the dash . Been putting dark towels on the dash which helps but want to do something on a more permanent basis . It needs to be removable . Trying to determine colors and material I should use  ,.


RE: Glare on windshield - bluebikemike - 08-21-2017

A boat canvas shop can make up a dash cover with snaps, out of Sunbrella fabric, in the color of your choice.

Good luck.


RE: Glare on windshield - s.moore@jemtechgroup.com - 08-22-2017

Thank you . You would think Tiara would have a template we could download or a suggestion on the best color to use to reduce the glare .
thank you for your response .I will continue figuring the best color


RE: Glare on windshield - trit21 - 08-22-2017

Best color to reduce glare is going to be a dark color. At one time, maybe they still do I don't know, they used to gelcoat the entire helm area in dark blue. I have a 2000 3500 that the helm is entirely a dark blue and I have not glare problem at all. Friend of mine had a 3200 with white helm and the glare was horrendous. A dark color that absorbs color instead of reflecting it is your best solution.


RE: Glare on windshield - Ridin'High - 08-22-2017

Hi. I have a 38 open and have a black gelcoat helm and on the dash area at the base of the windshield I have piece of black short nap carpet. This was and option delivered with the boat. It fits well and doesn't move or blow around when I open my windshield vent. I think it would be easy to fine someone who installs boat carpet to fit and bind a piece that matches or complements your helm. Good Luck Tom