Tiara Yacht Owners Forum
Repairing leaks to opening window on 3100 Open - Printable Version

+- Tiara Yacht Owners Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Boating Discussion (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Repairing leaks to opening window on 3100 Open (/showthread.php?tid=5448)



Repairing leaks to opening window on 3100 Open - Coppifan - 06-17-2018

I’m awaiting the gasket material to try to stop the leaks at the opening window on my 2000 3100 Open.
The written material from Tiara has me confused. Maybe it will make more sense when the gasket arrives and I have it in my hands. maybe I’m getting to old for this stuff ?
Does the gasket go on the opening window? The fixed frame? Both? Do I unscrew the opening window at the power arm to allow myself to get to the underside of the window more easily?
Has anyone put this operation on You Tube?
Thanks. Love the boat, just purchased it a few months ago. The rain water flooding in is driving me nuts..

Bill
Punta Gorda, Florida


RE: Repairing leaks to opening window on 3100 Open - RMS - 06-20-2018

Have you checked the window frame drains for blockage? There should be two drains for the center window. Bob


RE: Repairing leaks to opening window on 3100 Open - drifter - 06-25-2018

I had the same problem. Used a piece of 200# mono to snake out the drain holes-worked. Solved the problem and saved the hassle of replacing the gasket, which wasn't even the cause!


RE: Repairing leaks to opening window on 3100 Open - Tom Gaertner - 10-06-2018

(06-25-2018, 06:55 PM)drifter Wrote: I had the same problem.  Used a piece of 200# mono to snake out the drain holes-worked.  Solved the problem and saved the hassle of replacing the gasket, which wasn't even the cause!

Also had same issue with blocked drain holes....used thin picture wire and pushed thru quite a bit of dirt.
No more leaks.