Tiara Yacht Owners Forum
High Water Bilge Alert - Printable Version

+- Tiara Yacht Owners Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Tiara Yachts Discussion Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Repairs & Maintenance (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: High Water Bilge Alert (/showthread.php?tid=5464)



High Water Bilge Alert - johnsbr321@gmail.com - 06-27-2018

My alarm for the high water bilge alert (Johnson Pump) is stuck on full alarm.  I have checked the bilges and no water.  Bilge pumps work fine.  I suspect a fuse but wonder if anyone has experience with this and how to change out the fuses?  Don't see a breaker thrown for this.  A 2010 3200 open.


RE: High Water Bilge Alert - Uhehner - 06-27-2018

(06-27-2018, 08:53 AM)johnsbr321@gmail.com Wrote: My alarm for the high water bilge alert (Johnson Pump) is stuck on full alarm.  I have checked the bilges and no water.  Bilge pumps work fine.  I suspect a fuse but wonder if anyone has experience with this and how to change out the fuses?  Don't see a breaker thrown for this.  A 2010 3200 open.

Just my opinion, but if it were a blown fuse the alarm would not work at all.
On my boat the HW alarm has nothing to do with the bilge pump circuit . I have two float switches, one forward (For when the boat is off plane ) and one aft ( for when the bow is up and running ) Each is a RULE float switch connected to an alarm bell at the helm and mounted above the level of the bilge pump switch.. I lift all the floats and check the pumps and the alarms on a regular basis.
Capt. George


RE: High Water Bilge Alert - johnsbr321@gmail.com - 06-28-2018

Thanks Capt. George


jcamp4 - jcamp4 - 09-11-2021

(06-28-2018, 06:40 AM)johnsbr321@gmail.com Wrote: Thanks Capt. George
Ever find out why high water alarm is stuck on


RE: High Water Bilge Alert - decamagum - 11-03-2021

Well I have adored yachts since childhood, but I don't want to buy my own, precisely because they need maintenance. I prefer to contact [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] and rent a yacht being fully confident that there will be no problems with it and it is in perfect technical condition. This approach allows me to fully enjoy my vacation without thinking about breakdowns and other trifles, but concentrating on the fresh ocean breeze and the wonderful feeling of sailing. I think this is an ideal option for my rest.