Tiara Yacht Owners Forum
Door lock set 93 31 open - Printable Version

+- Tiara Yacht Owners Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Tiara Yachts Discussion Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Repairs & Maintenance (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Door lock set 93 31 open (/showthread.php?tid=656)



Door lock set 93 31 open - Cojak3047 - 03-11-2014

My lock set is not working at all does anyone know where I can purchase a new one I tried tiara and they said they don't stock it any more and they can't get one. At a loss what to do.

Thanks in advance Chris


Door lock set 93 31 open - Chris Burkard - 03-14-2014

Haha, how did you know I would be the first to respond!

Are you talking about the lock set for the cabin door?

I believe you have an aluminum frame with a smoked plexi-glass insert in the frame. Tiara switched to an all Plex-glass door later on for the 31s. I do believe the lock sets are different between the two types of doors. I believe Mobella made the lock set on the newer doors and possibly on the older doors. Do an internet search for Mobella and see what they have. If you can find a part number on the old one, that would be better.

Good Luck and let us know how it works out.


Door lock set 93 31 open - Cojak3047 - 03-16-2014

Yes it is my cabin door and yes I do have the aluminum frame with smoked plexi glass but my lock is a mag lock I took it all apart today and there are no numbers on it checked the internet high and low but I can't seem to find anything on this lock set any more ideas????????


Door lock set 93 31 open - Chris Burkard - 03-17-2014

Take a look at these. It looks like Southco may have purchased the design.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]




RE: Door lock set 93 31 open - rafredrickson - 11-16-2014

(03-11-2014, 08:10 PM)Cojak3047 Wrote: My lock set is not working at all does anyone know where I can purchase a new one I tried tiara and they said they don't stock it any more and they can't get one. At a loss  what to do.

Thanks in advance Chris

Same issue on my 94 31' pen - take it out a give a good locksmith a chance to rebuild it.

(03-11-2014, 08:10 PM)Cojak3047 Wrote: My lock set is not working at all does anyone know where I can purchase a new one I tried tiara and they said they don't stock it any more and they can't get one. At a loss  what to do.

Thanks in advance Chris

If it looks like the one in the attached pix it is no longer available but vcan be repaired by the locksmith.