![]() |
|
1999 Express 40 hydraulic pump - Printable Version +- Tiara Yacht Owners Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum) +-- Forum: Tiara Yachts Discussion Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6) +--- Forum: General Repairs & Maintenance (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10) +--- Thread: 1999 Express 40 hydraulic pump (/showthread.php?tid=6786) Pages:
1
2
|
1999 Express 40 hydraulic pump - byrohill - 04-23-2020 Has anyone replaced the hydraulic system that operates the trunk and cockpit tables? My unit is corroded and must be replaced. RE: 1999 Express 40 hydraulic pump - SteveC - 05-02-2020 I am having a similar issue, first the tables and now the garage and engine hatch trip the hydraulic system actuator main breaker and only function intermittently. I found thid post that might prove useful - Keep me posted on your progress, I'll do the same. Good luck! 1996 Express 40 hydraulic pump - SteveC - 07-02-2020 My garage worked for a while as well as the engine cockpit hatch, but not they all are failing to operate. My tables were not functional when I bought her. It looks like I may to replace the pump and the directional valves. Does anyone have the part numbers and manufacturers for the hydraulic pump? The directional valves are Continental Hydraulic part number VS5M-3A-GB-75L-K-Y6032, which looks to be replaced by VSD03M-3A-GB-75L-C Any information on the hydraulic pump is appreciated. Thanks, Steve RE: 1999 Express 40 hydraulic pump - Gosseligbeg - 07-24-2020 You may want to try donaldengineering.com they have offices in Michigan and a help line noted below. Donald Engineering offices at (616) 538-8340 if you have questions or need more help. 1999 Express 40 hydraulic pump - SteveC - 08-09-2020 I replaced the solenoid leading to the pump and now all the hydraulic switches work, garage, engine hatch, and tables. Now I have to repair the auger motors that raise the tables. But I am not sure how to raise them manually to get to the motors. I found it here Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk RE: 1999 Express 40 hydraulic pump - jlobon - 09-30-2020 (08-09-2020, 04:59 PM)SteveC Wrote: I am having the same problem with my tables, I try unsuccessfully to find a way to raise them manually. I check through the round access hatches under them but could not figure out how to disengage the mechanism to allow them to be raised manually. How do you did it? RE: 1999 Express 40 hydraulic pump - dlhst50 - 10-04-2020 Any updates? Mine just stopped working. Also what fluid are you using in the system? Thanks, Dave RE: 1999 Express 40 hydraulic pump - jlobon - 10-05-2020 Enclose is a file with the drawing of the mechanism for the scissors cockpit tables of the Tiara 4000 that I got from Tiara. I have not figure-out yet how to raise them manually. I will try to work on it next time that I am aboard. So far I have thought of two "theoretical" ways to raise them. 1) if the auger moves manually by rotating it through the round access hatches under them (perhaps by carefully using a monkey or pipe wrench without damaging the threads of the auger applied, as close as possible, to the end of the the hydraulic motor), then they could probably be raised slowly. That will only work if the hydraulic circuit have a by-pass valve loose enough that would allow for the H. fluid to be displaced while the hydraulic motor is being rotated by hand and the auger is not frozen solid in the threads of piece #9 (in the drawing). 2) if #1 fails, then the other way could be to try to get to the screws that hold down the fixed end of the scissor mechanism, ( the couple of brackets numbered 17 in the lower right hand side of the drawing ) and once those brackets are loose, then carefully pulling the tables up from the top with some lever applied to the sides or some other type of hook that could be slipped under the folded table ( maybe by pulling up with a thin U shaped wire slide from the side of the tables),until they are high enough to get under the table top and unscrew the tops and be able to work on the mechanism from there. Please let me know how it went if you to do it before me. (07-02-2020, 11:35 AM)SteveC Wrote: My garage worked for a while as well as the engine cockpit hatch, but not they all are failing to operate. My tables were not functional when I bought her. My 2000 Tiara 40 came with a Monarch Hydraulic Pump. I am enclosing a pic of the label with the model number in case it would be usefull. Best. RE: 1999 Express 40 hydraulic pump - dlhst50 - 10-05-2020 Thanks everyone! I will let you know if I get mine torn apart first. I am still dealing with the HVAC cooling pump and a large power cord that the "mechanic" who had my boat for 9 months left disconnected. RE: 1999 Express 40 hydraulic pump - jlobon - 10-12-2020 (10-05-2020, 01:19 PM)jlobon Wrote: Enclose is a file with the drawing of the mechanism for the scissors cockpit tables of the Tiara 4000 that I got from Tiara. Ok, here is the update. Both tables are working up and down now. Both augers were frozen in the threads of piece that moves the scissor legs horizontally. I had to apply (several times) penetrating oil (blindly aiming at the piece) from the round access under the engine hatch and then forcing the auger to rotate (w/ large plyers applied directly to the auger ( protecting it with some rags to avoid any damage) by rotating fractions of a turn back and forth until it was free enough to turn by the torque of the hydraulic motor. I am planning to open the access to the assembly now that I have access from the top, to apply generous amounts of (graphite based) anti-seize paste ( like Loctite LB8150 ) to the auger, unless someone advises to the contrary. |