![]() |
|
Leaking Washer Nozzle - Printable Version +- Tiara Yacht Owners Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum) +-- Forum: Tiara Yachts Discussion Forum (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6) +--- Forum: General Repairs & Maintenance (https://www.tiaraownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10) +--- Thread: Leaking Washer Nozzle (/showthread.php?tid=6825) |
Leaking Washer Nozzle - underwaterdan - 05-12-2020 In my new to me 4500 Sovran I noticed the washer fluid nozzles are leaking when I have the fresh water pump on(noth port and starboard). After some research it looks like the nozzles are run by a solenoid and likely the solenoid is stuck open. Does anyone know where the solenoid is and is it something I can repair/reset or do I need to replace the solenoids. If I need to replace any clue where to get them? RE: Leaking Washer Nozzle - ReelMagic - 05-12-2020 Not sure where it is on your boat but on my 2003 38 Open it's in the engine room on the forward bulkhead- starboard side.... RE: Leaking Washer Nozzle - Sans Peur - 05-12-2020 Same as in my 41 open. Stbd side forward bulkhead in front of the engine. RE: Leaking Washer Nozzle - underwaterdan - 05-12-2020 Thank you. Any idea if I have to replace the solenoid(s)? or if I can just reset it somehow? (05-12-2020, 02:49 PM)Sans Peur Wrote: Same as in my 41 open. Stbd side forward bulkhead in front of the engine. RE: Leaking Washer Nozzle - Sans Peur - 05-14-2020 The solenoid should be normally closed, meaning shut when it has no power. If itis staying open it may just have some built up crap in it. Remove the solenoid and see if you can blow it out with an air hose. Maybe even pour a little CLR in there and see if it clears it. Make sure the CLR doesn't get into the water system. That would not be a good thing. If it doesn't work there may be a name or part number on the actual somewhere on the solenoid. Edit: I went on Google and typed in Marine 12 volt water solenoid and up came a ton of them some brass with stainless steel pieces. Most looked like the one on my bulkhead. You just need to thread size. RE: Leaking Washer Nozzle - underwaterdan - 06-05-2020 I ran them for a little while for a few times and it cleaned out some kind of debris from the solenoid and they are no longer leaking. Maybe from when the boat was winterized? Thank you. |