Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
29 Tiny Tiara fix up

Looking to put a windlass on my 29'. Anyone have an opinion on Lewmar or Maxwell?</p>

Which models? Looking at V700 and RC6</p>

Apparently the windlass is not prewired........ Any views on how difficult to put the cabling in place?</p>

For the anchor chain...what about 150' of chain instead of chain/rope combination?</p>

Any views on that?[img]../images/emoticons/shock.gif[/img]</p>
Like Post Reply

I have had Lewmar on my last 2 boats and they have been flawless... I can't speak for Maxwell.

Regarding all chain: Where do you do your boating and how do you plan to use it? Overnights, extended cruising and anchoring, etc.
-------------------------
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Like Post Reply
Tiara has used Maxwell for quite a few years and they are nice products. I am an Imtra dealer and sell Lofrans and Muir and they are comparable. Let me know If you would like more information.
Like Post Reply
Planning on doing a lot of &quot;poking around&quot; the Keys...so day cruising but moving spots a lot...
Like Post Reply

Yes please send more information on the other options.</p>

how tough is it to install..3 hours? or more?
</p>
Like Post Reply

Quote:KnightCap - 11/25/2010 11:52 PM Planning on doing a lot of &quot;poking around&quot; the Keys...so day cruising but moving spots a lot...
</p>

All chain isn't necessary for that kind of anchoring. I would go with 10-15' feet of chain then the rest rode. Remember too that if the windlass does fail, for what ever reason, you'll be hauling all of that chain up by hand Shock
</p>
-------------------------
Like Post Reply
Hard to say on the install time since it really depends on the wire run. I would think about 4-6 hours depending on the wire run would be reasonable.
Like Post Reply
this picture is not of my 29 tiara but managed to stubble across it today some how. excellent picture of the underside of the windlass installed of what is supposed to a 29 tiara.

Like Post Reply

wow...thanks, nice pics...couple of questions,,</p>

what is the backing plate material being used? </p>

There appears to be an interconnect block for the battery wire to attach to, then the winch (darkish brown color)...what do you need that for?</p>

</p>
Like Post Reply
ok..tnx
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  43 Tiara Sportsfisherman Forward Deck Repair furiarte 5 955 09-01-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Jack Aperio
  Factory Tiara Classic Hardtop jmk 31 31,083 12-15-2022, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Craig Dunlop
  2005 Tiara 3800 stereo / amp wiring access Hemlock_SF 0 694 04-16-2022, 09:46 AM
Last Post: Hemlock_SF
  2005 Tiara 3800 bait tank install Hemlock_SF 3 1,340 03-30-2022, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Hemlock_SF
  1993 Tiara 3300 L-shaped passenger seat CaptChuck 2 2,068 12-20-2021, 01:00 PM
Last Post: kwerner