Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swivel Rod Holders
I just purchased a 36 tiara open and I could not be more thrilled with the boat.
One thing is I commercial tuna fish and need swivel rod holders and the way it's set up its gonna be tough to swap out the 15 degree holders that are there with zero degree holders because of how the inner liner is pocketed for the factory holders.
Has anyone else ever done this? Before I start cutting I wanted to see what others have done.
Like Post Reply

(09-11-2019, 08:28 PM)BirdDog36 Wrote: I just purchased a 36 tiara open and I could not be more thrilled with the boat.
One thing is I commercial tuna fish and need swivel rod holders and the way it's set up its gonna be tough to swap out the 15 degree holders that are there with zero degree holders because of how the inner liner is pocketed for the factory holders.
Has anyone else ever done this? Before I start cutting I wanted to see what others have done.
I've not done what your asking as I have vertical perko's across the stern of my 36. However, can you explain what a swivel holder is?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply
Swivel rod holder is one that spins so you can fight a fish on a bent butt rod out of the holder, like on the show wikid tuna lol. 
I'm just trying to think of the best way to go about swapping the angled rod holder that is factory for a 0 degree aftermarket rod holder. Maybe not even swap but just a way to install with how the gunnels are set up on these boats theres no access to tight a but on the bottom of the rod holder.
Like Post Reply
(09-11-2019, 08:51 PM)BirdDog36 Wrote: Swivel rod holder is one that spins so you can fight a fish on a bent butt rod out of the holder, like on the show wikid tuna lol. 
I'm just trying to think of the best way to go about swapping the angled rod holder that is factory for a 0 degree aftermarket rod holder. Maybe not even swap but just a way to install with how the gunnels are set up on these boats theres no access to tight a but on the bottom of the rod holder.
Here is a picture of the stern of my 36. I have vertical holders across the stern, including the corners.

Instead of changing the ones on the gunnels, can you just add them on the stern?[Image: 65ab165bb8c3446d1d13d11926629915.jpg]

Like Post Reply
My stern has the same inner liner that your port and starboard has making it tough to do unless I cut and put in an access hatch to be able to install properly
Like Post Reply
(09-12-2019, 10:27 PM)BirdDog36 Wrote: My stern has the same inner liner that your port and starboard has making it tough to do unless I cut and put in an access hatch to be able to install properly
Mine fit behind that liner. I made caps for them, but they would drain directly into the bilge had I not put caps on them and it rained.

Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anchor-chain swivel recall YOLO 0 8,157 11-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Last Post: YOLO