Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Factory Tiara Classic Hardtop
JMK, I am going the same way finally on my 36foot 1995 Open with twin 375HP Cats. Beautiful boat with those engines. Tiara knows how to build them. I am getting the top with the two Bomar hatches. Brian Kane is my support person an has been great. I am advised they do not do the kit anymore and was looking for the forward support information. We have good welders in Fort Pierce yards but no sketch. Did you ever receive a sketch of the two supports? If I could have them fabbed and ready it would speed my process.

Appreciate any information on the struts.

Your example above is very easy to follow good job!

Sasha

(12-23-2019, 10:51 PM)Lured Away Wrote: Sasha curious if you talked to Tiara if they still make the hard tops?

Yes I did. I realized they have the best top to serve these beautiful boats. My search now is for a drawing of the struts so I can get them pre made down here in Fort Pierce.
Like Post Reply

Sasha, If you are in Ft Pierce, I would recommend calling American Custom Yachts in Stuart. They can fab a hard top custom made for you, lights, hatches, rod storage, whatever you need, installed and I think it should run less than the Tiara hardtop. Plus, it would be finished completely. I could be wrong but I was gong to pull the trigger a couple years ago but things didn't work out financially and I had a custom top quoted for under your price already installed etc. Just a thought.

EDIT: The company that actually makes the hardtops are Bausch American Towers. They are in the same place as ACY.
Tom
Like Post Reply
     Hello Sasha,
Glad your going with the Tiara hardtop! Your going to LOVE it!
I had a local welder make the forward mounts to my design and had them Powdercoated satin black. They turned out perfect. 
Send me your email address and I’ll send you a bunch of photos. 
Installation tips:
I pre drilled all the holes for the radar, antennas, GPS, etc. prior to installing the HT. Much easier. 
Fabricate an adjustable forward mount. I used 2x6s and adjustable jacks. You’ll see in the pics. 
Center the rear on the arch as per instructions. 
Center the forward using a string line. 
Adjust the forward height to your liking ensuring you have enough slope for water to run aft. 
I used extra pipe end plates for backing plates vice the supplied washers. 
I used the supplied sealant on the outside and a rubber gasket (hypalon boat patch material) on all inside attachment points. 
Enjoy!

(10-06-2020, 03:23 PM)Sasha Wrote: JMK, I am going the same way finally on my 36foot 1995 Open with twin 375HP Cats. Beautiful boat with those engines. Tiara knows how to build them. I am getting the top with the two Bomar hatches. Brian Kane is my support person an has been great.  I am advised they do not do the kit anymore and was looking for the forward support information. We have good welders in Fort Pierce yards but no sketch. Did you ever receive a sketch of the two supports?  If I could have them fabbed and ready it would speed my process.

Sasha

(12-23-2019, 10:51 PM)Lured Away Wrote: Sasha curious if you talked to Tiara if they still make the hard tops?

Yes I did. I realized they have the best top to serve these beautiful boats. My search now is for a drawing of the struts so I can get them pre made down here in Fort Pierce.
Like Post Reply
Scurvy Dog, Capt. Mark Tobias

My email is phervish@gmail.com

Appreciate the help,

Thank You, Peter aka SASHA the Yellow Lab who is my first mate.
Like Post Reply
Hi Sasha, I guess I should check this forum more often.  Sorry I missed your question.  Answer: I don't have sketches.  However, I want to stress that it is crucial that when you have your supports fabricated, they also attach mid-way up to the windshield.  This bolt that goes through the (very strong) windshield frame is crucial to the shear stability of the support system.  If it is not there, the front of the top can twist to port/stbd and the top will end up making its way off your boat!  To avoid any confusion, I've circled the location of the through-bolted connection in RED in the attached photo.

(10-06-2020, 03:23 PM)Sasha Wrote: JMK, I am going the same way finally on my 36foot 1995 Open with twin 375HP Cats. Beautiful boat with those engines. Tiara knows how to build them. I am getting the top with the two Bomar hatches. Brian Kane is my support person an has been great.  I am advised they do not do the kit anymore and was looking for the forward support information. We have good welders in Fort Pierce yards but no sketch. Did you ever receive a sketch of the two supports?  If I could have them fabbed and ready it would speed my process.

Sasha

Thumbnail(s)

Like Post Reply
Hi, I composed a thread and lost it  so this may be a repeat. 

I have  36 open 1995. It had a bimini. It has a TIARA hard top now. 

My advice for those looking for a hard top for a TIARA is order through Brian Kane at Tiara and have them send it to ACY yachts in Stuart. Tim Bausch an ASSOCIATE   at ACY (American Custom Yachts) OWNS American Bausch towers and designed, built and installed mine. See photos. She is beautiful!! He is  perfectionist. The Bausch family was in Port Saleno before moving to ACY and built my first half tower for a 31 Tiara in 1995. They were across from Rupp.

See photos and my yellow lab and boat crew Sasha. Her favorite seat is at the helm in AP in safe water. 

She is supervising at ACY on the dock in front view. 

I spent a lot of time doing research and my build is the best I could ask for. The support legs by Bausch are impressive. Any questions please reply.

Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Sasha's post:
trit21 (02-22-2021)
Like Post Reply
When you first get inside the cockpit, it's hard to describe what an upgrade it is from canvas isn't it?!?  And with the rear canvas dropping down from the top rather than the arch, you get so much more room inside.  Congratulations on getting your new hardtop!  You've got a solid boat that you can fish hard for a long time.  With those stout exterior supports, your hardtop isn't going anywhere!  Looks like you've got the shafts out. Straightening them? My struts have never looked that good.
Like Post Reply
Looks really good, congrats on the new top.
Tom
Like Post Reply
(02-22-2021, 05:48 PM)jmk Wrote: When you first get inside the cockpit, it's hard to describe what an upgrade it is from canvas isn't it?!?  And with the rear canvas dropping down from the top rather than the arch, you get so much more room inside.  Congratulations on getting your new hardtop!  You've got a solid boat that you can fish hard for a long time.  With those stout exterior supports, your hardtop isn't going anywhere!  Looks like you've got the shafts out. Straightening them? My struts have never looked that good.

It definitely feels like a much bigger boat with that hard top.  I can't imagine why canvas is even an option from Tiara on the larger boats? Tim Bausch the hard top fabricator has served sports fishing boats out of Stuart his entire life and wanted those stout exterior supports so I could run to West End in 6 to 8. 

Waiting on a new Garmin Fantom 124 radar and when she is fully dressed out again will send a pic.

ACY is a top yard and I get compliments constantly on the Tiara quality and build from folks.  

Great great boats and worth upgrading.

(Yesterday, 04:03 PM)Sasha Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 05:48 PM)jmk Wrote: When you first get inside the cockpit, it's hard to describe what an upgrade it is from canvas isn't it?!?  And with the rear canvas dropping down from the top rather than the arch, you get so much more room inside.  Congratulations on getting your new hardtop!  You've got a solid boat that you can fish hard for a long time.  With those stout exterior supports, your hardtop isn't going anywhere!  Looks like you've got the shafts out. Straightening them? My struts have never looked that good.

It definitely feels like a much bigger boat with that hard top.  I can't imagine why canvas is even an option from Tiara on the larger boats? Tim Bausch the hard top fabricator has served sports fishing boats out of Stuart his entire life and wanted those stout exterior supports so I could run to West End in 6 to 8. 

Waiting on a new Garmin Fantom 124 radar and when she is fully dressed out again will send a pic.

ACY is a top yard and I get compliments constantly on the Tiara quality and build from folks.  

Great great boats and worth upgrading.

I forgot to add that my shafts were out more than 2 thou one spot 10 thou so the yard has them in the machine shop with props. 

Barnacle buster will go on running gear.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1993 Tiara 3300 L-shaped passenger seat CaptChuck 1 109 02-06-2021, 02:26 PM
Last Post: scrane
  Tiara Continental 2300 CDM 6 1,361 07-28-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Bob Mac
  [Tiara Open] 2005 32 hardtop projects Baybreeze32NY 3 836 01-13-2020, 06:00 AM
Last Post: reeltimebrad
  [Tiara Open] Removal Of Swim Platform - Tiara 3100 Open sbayrakeri 4 2,502 09-28-2019, 01:10 PM
Last Post: OurHighLife
  38 Open TTS Hardtop Issues Mark Paradise 3 1,232 12-29-2018, 07:11 AM
Last Post: greylion