Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New To Forum, New To Me Tiara Owner
I'm a life long boater and was involved in the recreational marine industry for many years. While this is my 1st Tiara I'm no stranger to the brand. We are down sizing from a 38' Chris Craft Corinthian to our new to us 3100 Open. We are currently in Ipswich. MA. north of Boston. We are soon moving to the North East Kingdom of Vermont and will do our boating on Lake Memphramagog. 4 miles of which is in the US, the remaining 30 miles in Canada. The Chris presents too many logistical challenges up there and thus the decision to down size. When it came to what our next boat should be there was no question, a 3100 Open.

I'm a bottom feeder and found a 1983 3100 down in CT. The last owner put a lot of work and materials into her, pulled the engines to replace the holding tank and hot water heater and changed his plans. That's where I stepped in. The boat is in very good condition, she shows easily as a 10-15 year newer boat. Her last survey 3 years ago was great. I'm moving her to MA next week, will put her back together and then send her north.

Any one want a Chris in great shape?
Like Post Reply

Congratulations on your Tiara purchase!

I smiled when I read that the PO pulled the engines to replace the holding tank and water heater. Once they stopped working the PO of my boat left them alone. By the time I bought it they came out with a shop vac (corrosion) and a little help form a saws-all. If you haven't replaced them yet try moving them aft under the cockpit. They work very well there and are more accessible. This also frees up space outboard of the engines. I can now squeeze into the engine bay for work.

Enjoy!
Like Post Reply
Many thanks for the kind words and the great idea to move the tanks aft. That will be a definite as nothing is re-installed yet and will make future service a lot easier.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Sovran] New Member and 3500 Owner in Stuart Fl LastDance 0 5 6 hours ago
Last Post: LastDance
  Owner to be fkrabach 0 272 03-25-2024, 01:19 PM
Last Post: fkrabach
  New Owner - 2004 4200 Open jgordon 5 938 03-19-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: jgordon
  [Tiara Sovran] Tiara Sovran esazia@aol.com 1 175 03-04-2024, 09:51 PM
Last Post: jclark003
  2005 Tiara 36 Open Rick B 2 330 02-01-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: hiccup