Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2006 Tiare Sovran 3600 how do I remove the steering wheel?
Somehow I think I bent (warped) the steeling wheel, and I would like to have it straightened.  I got the cap off, and then there is a nut, I got the nut off, but nothing.  I cant tell if there is a retaining ring, or snap clip or not that needs removed.  Someone suggested beating on the nut and it should pop lose.  So Before I try that, I thought I would ask, and see if there is something simpler.  TIA

(it is one of those pretty big (2'?) in diameter wheels with wood on the outside)
Like Post Reply

(01-23-2017, 02:18 PM)sluggo Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

You put the center bolt (with the point) in the center of the bolt (that you removed the nut from), then adjust the grabbers around the stainless ring, then using a wrench turn the center bolt.

Basically like this:

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Like Post Reply
(01-23-2017, 02:40 PM)efontana Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

You put the center bolt (with the point) in the center of the bolt (that you removed the nut from), then adjust the grabbers around the stainless ring, then using a wrench turn the center bolt.

Basically like this:

Thanks!  so to be clear you have the same boat??  TIA
Like Post Reply
(01-23-2017, 02:45 PM)sluggo Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Basically like this:

Yep!
Like Post Reply
(01-23-2017, 02:49 PM)efontana Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Basically like this:

Yep!Thanks again!  I'll stick it on there and try and not worry about the little thing I think is some sort of keyway.
Like Post Reply
(01-23-2017, 02:52 PM)sluggo Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Basically like this:

Yep!Thanks again!  I'll stick it on there and try and not worry about the little thing I think is some sort of keyway.
The piece of metal, "the key" stays in the square groove in the shaft and wheel hub. I replaced my wheel with a new one, and the new wheel came with a new key. Make sure you don't drop and/or lose the key. It will come right out no problem with the puller.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  4500 Sovran Sliding Cabin Door underwaterdan 0 22 Today, 12:49 AM
Last Post: underwaterdan
  38 open 2001 steering issue OurHighLife 7 289 05-15-2020, 09:04 PM
Last Post: jmk
  I am looking for a hinge for the hydraulic lift on my aft storage trunk 3600 Sovran bbunch 1 106 05-08-2020, 06:22 AM
Last Post: TIARA44
  1990 3600 Open owners manual question 67-LS1 7 423 05-03-2020, 12:47 AM
Last Post: 67-LS1
  Canvas for 3600 Sovran NickL 5 312 04-10-2020, 02:07 PM
Last Post: bsause