Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2006 Tiare Sovran 3600 how do I remove the steering wheel?
Somehow I think I bent (warped) the steeling wheel, and I would like to have it straightened.  I got the cap off, and then there is a nut, I got the nut off, but nothing.  I cant tell if there is a retaining ring, or snap clip or not that needs removed.  Someone suggested beating on the nut and it should pop lose.  So Before I try that, I thought I would ask, and see if there is something simpler.  TIA

(it is one of those pretty big (2'?) in diameter wheels with wood on the outside)
Like Post Reply

(01-23-2017, 02:18 PM)sluggo Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

You put the center bolt (with the point) in the center of the bolt (that you removed the nut from), then adjust the grabbers around the stainless ring, then using a wrench turn the center bolt.

Basically like this:

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Like Post Reply
(01-23-2017, 02:40 PM)efontana Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

You put the center bolt (with the point) in the center of the bolt (that you removed the nut from), then adjust the grabbers around the stainless ring, then using a wrench turn the center bolt.

Basically like this:

Thanks!  so to be clear you have the same boat??  TIA
Like Post Reply
(01-23-2017, 02:45 PM)sluggo Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Basically like this:

Yep!
Like Post Reply
(01-23-2017, 02:49 PM)efontana Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Basically like this:

Yep!Thanks again!  I'll stick it on there and try and not worry about the little thing I think is some sort of keyway.
Like Post Reply
(01-23-2017, 02:52 PM)sluggo Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Basically like this:

Yep!Thanks again!  I'll stick it on there and try and not worry about the little thing I think is some sort of keyway.
The piece of metal, "the key" stays in the square groove in the shaft and wheel hub. I replaced my wheel with a new one, and the new wheel came with a new key. Make sure you don't drop and/or lose the key. It will come right out no problem with the puller.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VP IPS 600 - Steering not responding correctly Thomas59 3 211 08-13-2019, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Thomas59
  [Tiara Sovran] 2001 44 sovran bsause 1 272 07-03-2019, 10:46 PM
Last Post: bigboatben
  [Tiara Sovran] Leak above Port hanging locker - Sovran 3900 bbisland 0 100 07-01-2019, 01:27 PM
Last Post: bbisland
  2007 Tiara Sovran 4300 Selector switch question fulltilt06 4 435 06-18-2019, 07:30 PM
Last Post: egstasea
  Scupper Flange Replacement on 2006 3200 MichFan 3 330 05-06-2019, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Matta0413