Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiara 2900 - No Freshwater Pressure ??
Hi, my Tiara 2900 has a 30gal freshwater tank and a freshwater water pump.
When I'm connected to shore water, I have full pressure. When I disconnect and turn on
the pump (I can hear it and feel it) it never builds up pressure, nothing comes out of the
taps.

There is cap with a screen, I turned off the water supply valve and checked it, it was empty.
I then opened the water supply valve and water came up and out of the screen, I assume this is gravity fed from the water tank (which is full).

After replacing the screen(filter) and turned the water on, the pump kicks on and is supposed to shut off when it reaches pressure, it never stops, and no water flows.

Could it be a bad pump?

Also, can't seem to find the freshwater tank in this boat, the waste tank is in the engine room next to the port engine, but no such tank on the starboard side.

Looking for tips, thanks in advance.
Like Post Reply

I owned a 1997 31 open and currently own a 2003 38 Open and experienced similar problems on both boats till I figured out the filter just before the freshwater pumps was allowing air to enter the system.. I re-seated the filter cap using a new "O" ring which solved the iproblem.... Sounds like air is getting into the system....M2C
Like Post Reply
Not sure what kind of pump you have but on my Galley Maid there is a pipe plug on the output side of the pump that is used for bleeding air out of the system. Whenever I run my water tank empty my system air locks and I have to pull this plug and run the system for a few seconds. Opening up faucets does not help.

If you remove the intake and output lines and run a short hose into a bucket of water you should be able to figure out if your pump is working. If so reassemble and see if that did the trick in which cast the pump was air-locked. If not go backwards into the system and look for air leaks as previous owner states. If no air leaks check the pickup into the tank for obstructions or cracks.

No idea where you tank is but more than likely not too far away from deck fill or from pump. My tank is under the floor in my salon.

Good luck
Like Post Reply
Thanks everyone, it was the pump, I replaced it with a new Jabsco 4GPM pump which pressurizes to 60 PSI. Swapping it was so easy, it had the same quick disconnects, 4 screws and 2 butt connectors.

All working fine now!

P.S. Located the water holding tank behind the companionway steps (the bottom one).
-----------------------------------------------------------------
HarmoneE²
Tiara 3800 Open, Onset MA
[-] The following 1 user Likes efontana's post:
bigboatben (04-16-2017)
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hot Water Heater for Tiara 2700 stanfarbman 0 424 06-07-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: stanfarbman
  39 Coronet water pressure issue d5dekeyser 2 1,351 08-02-2022, 05:50 PM
Last Post: MC1600
Lightbulb [Tiara Open] 2900 spreader lights don't work. Need wiring diagram Dominushh 0 754 07-17-2022, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Dominushh
  [Tiara Open] 1994 Tiara 3100 Open - looking for model number of Vacuflush toilet Tgilbert 3 1,404 05-26-2022, 12:53 PM
Last Post: RMS
  96 Tiara 3500 Express A/C pump relay location John C 2 987 05-22-2022, 06:37 PM
Last Post: John C