Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiara Open 3200 Open Stereo Amp Location
Can anyone tell me where the stereo amplifier (for the cockpit speakers) is located on a 2006 3200 open? It is the factory Clarion system. I have an issue with bad static in the cockpit only that I suspect is related to the amp or an amp ground. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply

Its in the cabin behind the wall forward of the steering station. There's four screws holding a wood partition just above the a.c. unit.
Like Post Reply
Thank you. Appreciate the help. No I have to decide to tackle now or wait until spring.

Like Post Reply
Check the condition of the speakers themselves, often high heat and humidity can destroy the material around the cones as it did in most of my clarions. Also I notice when on shore power and using the tuner for local stations theres alot of static but as soon as I unplug from shore it goes away. Had the same issue with other boats.
Like Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. I did replace the speakers already with JL Audio units and “sometimes” it sounds great but sometimes a lot of static. Static is present even on aux input and even when muted. It seems like a bad ground or amp but I’ll check it out. Appreciate everyone’s input.

Like Post Reply
Same problem
07 3000. Open
Interested to hear more
Thanks
Like Post Reply
Trying to do the same thing on my 3600. I would assume it was in the same spot. Any pictures?
Like Post Reply
Found the amp forward of the helm in the cabin. I needed to remove the back of one of the banquet seats aft. the back had 2 screws securing it behind the seat cushion. This exposed a panel with 8 screws. The amp was behind the panel mounted to the port side wall.
Like Post Reply
Thanks everyone. We are in Michigan so won’t be unwrapping the boat for another two weeks. Hopefully will find something obvious when I look. I will post results. Please update with your findings as well. I’m expecting to find a ground or moisture issue or the need to replace the amplifier.

Like Post Reply
I replaced my exterior speakers, (only have static on them) sound/ static is much better. Next to be changed is corroded speaker wire at connection to speakers, I will post update
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  upgrade helm stereo need help sluggo 5 1,233 02-13-2019, 09:31 AM
Last Post: sluggo
  (2002 38 Open] Upgrade Raymarine Autopilot with Garmin Reactor 40 Retrofit? CaptGregSTX 1 562 11-10-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: jclark003
  Auto Pilot Course Computer Location '01 3500 Open? ddfour1 5 1,025 05-27-2018, 08:04 AM
Last Post: ddfour1
  How to remove Cabin TV - 2002 Open dsendre 2 700 04-13-2018, 12:29 PM
Last Post: dsendre
  Tiara 3500 Open Subwoofer Location tcates1225 4 663 02-06-2018, 04:16 PM
Last Post: tcates1225