Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freshwater pump leak. 2002 3100 Open
Leak coming from the intake and outtake of the freshwater pump.  Took the connections off, cleaned everything up, hooked it back up and the issue persists.  Pictures shown are when pump is on.  Can the connections be fixed somehow or do I just need a new pump?

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Like Post Reply

Believe the problem is the "O" rings shown in your last picture are worn.... I would replace the "O" rings... Also, assume the C clip that secures the fitting into the pump is installed .. M2C
Like Post Reply
Thank you. While looking up information on the water pump itself (Flojet "Quiet Quad"), I found that these fittings regularly wear out, need to be replaced, and are available on Amazon. Just ordered the straight fitting for the top and the 90* fitting for the bottom. Any suggestions on making sure I do this right? I assume I should use plumber's tape on the pipe fittings? Anything else I can do to ensure my fix is as good as it can be?

yes, the C clips that hold the fittings are in place and seemingly not damaged/loose in any way.
Like Post Reply
I would use some o ring grease and you should be good to go. Teflon paste/sealant may work better than tape on the pipe fittings.
Like Post Reply
(05-09-2019, 08:53 PM)jclark003 Wrote: I would use some o ring grease and you should be good to go. Teflon paste/sealant may work better than tape on the pipe fittings.

Thanks. Will do
Like Post Reply
UPDATE:  All it took was new fittings for the pump.  New pic showing the small but crucial difference between the old fitting and the new.  No leaks!  My 3100 had a Flojet pump and these fittings were Flojet parts ordered off Amazon.  Thanks for this board’s help.

Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  41 Open AC water pump vapor lock esf 3 476 08-07-2023, 04:07 PM
Last Post: esf
  1993 4300 open waste and water level indicators bpro 1 1,871 08-07-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: esf
  [Tiara Sovran] Vacuflush Pump out procedure Donaldjames 2 959 06-21-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Donaldjames
  bildge pump honest mark 4 932 06-20-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: honest mark
  03' 38 open helm air vent P/N? jmm 3 1,084 03-05-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: ReelMagic