Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to sell a broken boat?
My 2000, 3100 Open has an exhaust hose over-heating issue on the inboard side of the port Crusader gas engine.
Two mechanics have been unable to fix the problem. I haven’t been able to use the boat for three months. It’s cost me about $3,000 in parts and labor. Not to mention deep angst and depression. Other than this problem, it’s a great boat, in almost new condition.
Where do I go from here? My prayers for a lightning strike, a very real possibility in SW Florida, have so far gone unanswered. Do I even have a chance to find a buyer at a deeply discounted price?

Thanks. 
Bill Eggert
Punta Gorda, Florida
Like Post Reply

Find someone that can fix it and you'll save money in the long run. Trying to sell as is on a boat of that caliber will certainly cost you more than if you had to replace the whole motor.
Like Post Reply
(07-22-2019, 08:55 AM)Coppifan Wrote: My 2000, 3100 Open has an exhaust hose over-heating issue on the inboard side of the port Crusader gas engine.
Two mechanics have been unable to fix the problem. I haven’t been able to use the boat for three months. It’s cost me about $3,000 in parts and labor. Not to mention deep angst and depression. Other than this problem, it’s a great boat, in almost new condition.
Where do I go from here? My prayers for a lightning strike, a very real possibility in SW Florida, have so far gone unanswered. Do I even have a chance to find a buyer at a deeply discounted price?

Thanks. 
Bill Eggert
Punta Gorda, Florida

I might be interested in looking at it for purchase.   Can you pm me pics and specs on the motors (including hours) and any info about what has been done so far to attempt to fix the issue?

Thanks
Like Post Reply
(07-22-2019, 08:55 AM)Coppifan Wrote: My 2000, 3100 Open has an exhaust hose over-heating issue on the inboard side of the port Crusader gas engine.

Thanks. 
Bill Eggert
Punta Gorda, Florida

Put a heat gun on the hoses and elbows ($30 at Harbor Freight) and compare it to the other three. Then post the results here. Make sure you have the correct gaskets and blocking plate on the elbows. The water hole in the gasket MUST be on the top. If on the bottom, the elbow never fills with water and runs hot. Capt.  George
Like Post Reply
I may be interested in a new project. Im located in Jacksonville FL. Send me a message.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good Boat Yard in SE Michigan for Repairs? MichFan 2 858 08-16-2022, 10:19 AM
Last Post: d5dekeyser
  Broken Capt Seat hookup44 4 1,110 07-15-2022, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MC1600
  Fuel Meter Broken T.Roy 1 697 07-05-2022, 04:42 PM
Last Post: cp4000
  Insurance for Florida Boat GeoDoc 2 1,149 06-11-2021, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Gosseligbeg
  [Tiara Open] 2003 35 open Broken water line Sea Baz 3 1,627 05-25-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: jclark003