Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
batterys
have a 2003 42 open, have 4 800cca batteries purchased by previous owner 2 years ago, have 4 550cca batteries that are about 6 year old, boat was giving me a lil hard time starting on port engine if i did not use battery interconnect switch, with that being said my battery charger died/fried, i bought a new battery charger, my old one was original , i am gonna install that in the spring when i launch, i think i am gonna just by all new 8 batteries, should i get all 800 cca or maybe go 1000 cca , the batteries that are in there now are called SEA HAWK??? i dont think they are that good of battery??? my question is if i dont have any batterys in my boat til spring will that screw anything esle on the boat up? thank you guys very much, this board is a life saver, thank you...
Like Post Reply

You'll lose memory settings on your stereo! Also co detectors won't work so if your in a tightly sealed barn that's heated by a furnace with a cracked heat exchanger it could be bad. Lol .
Like Post Reply
ok, i will check that, thank you
Like Post Reply
(10-15-2019, 02:34 PM)reeltimebrad Wrote: You'll lose memory settings on your stereo! Also co detectors won't work so if your in a tightly sealed barn that's heated by a furnace with a cracked heat exchanger it could be bad. Lol .

sorry to jump in here, but how would that be bad no CO detectors?  The only way I can think of  is, if he were spending the night or sleeping on the boat.  If he is not on the boat, and its in a garage, I dont think there is any problem storing it without batteries.   Maybe I miss read something.
Like Post Reply
Many of the guys in my area who store indoors remove their batteries or disconnect the ground during inside winter storage. Never a problem. Just make sure your battery charger breaker is off.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply
I don't think a 42 open is in the garage. In a yard covered most likely, although I have never dealt with winter so I could be wrong.
Anyway, that sound like a ton of batteries, what engines do you have? My 41 Open has Cats and it has 4 big 8D batteries in it that handle everything I have ever needed. Much easier to charge and manage 4 batteries than 8. Also easier to tell if one is going bad.
Like Post Reply
(10-16-2019, 06:43 PM)Sans Peur Wrote: I don't think a 42 open is in the garage. In a yard covered most likely, although I have never dealt with winter so I could be wrong.
Anyway, that sound like a ton of batteries, what engines do you have? My 41 Open has Cats and it has 4 big 8D batteries in it that handle everything I have ever needed. Much easier to charge and manage 4 batteries than 8. Also easier to tell if one is going bad.
Not a garage, we store them indoors in gigantic buildings that the travel lift can drive right into up here on the great lakes. I'm assuming with Mark being in Ludington, he's in the same scenario.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply
yes im in a heated indoor storage yard, i have a cummins qsmll engine, i was told 4 house batterys and 4 starterting batterys???  thats what i have, thank you guys for the help
Like Post Reply