Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tank monitors
I have a fresh water tank monitor and a waste water tank monitor both read 1/4 full all the time, full or empty. Ive looked at the tank side of both and they are hooked up. Anyone had problems with this and some insight on what I might do to get them reading correctly? The boat is a 1998 3100 open . :argh:
Like Post Reply

Probably the float inside the tank is not working anymore and gets stuck. I have the same situation on the holding tank of my 31. I am in the process of changing the float and its electrical component.
Like Post Reply
The level sensors are know for failure (especially the waste). Your only solution is to replace the sensors or live without the level monitors. Sometimes you get a year out of the sensors, sometimes a few years. It just depends on use or lack thereof.
Chris Burkard
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Like Post Reply
Thank you I will look at that and see if we can get to it with ease and replace it.
Like Post Reply
I know this an old post, but my water and waste tanks were both reading full even when they were not. I found the tanks and senders, looked up the manufacturer's web site and found instructions for recalibrating the senders. Fortunately, it worked for me.

I have a 2005 Tiara 3800. The tank level system is made by Xintex, model LLM-2. The hard part was removing the senders, especially the one on the waste tank. Once removed (and cleaned up) the calibration involved applying 12-volts to the red and black wires with the white and green wires connected for 30 seconds while the sender sees empty condition (~1.5 in. Of water at the bottom of the tube). The full condition is calibrated by disconnecting the white and green wires for 30 seconds while the tube sees a full condition. Once calibrated the 12-volt supply is disconnected and the senders can be reinstalled. It worked for me!

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2018 38LS Black water tank location Scottbee 1 387 03-11-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Scottbee
Question [Tiara Open] How can I repair crack in bottom of holding tank without removing tank? TimmyTime 2 1,831 06-06-2022, 02:16 PM
Last Post: August Rush
  [Tiara Open] Where is the 70G fresh water tank located on 2000 3500 Open? Best Team 1 864 12-28-2021, 08:34 AM
Last Post: rcwiegand
  fresh water tank honest mark 8 2,799 08-02-2021, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Sans Peur
  2001 40 Express - Fresh water tank sending unit bruce@bigrivergroup.com 1 1,045 06-06-2021, 05:56 PM
Last Post: MC1600