Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiara Open Volvo Penta Coolant Pumps
I am in Australia and have a 2005 Tiara 3200 Open and apparently the coolant pumps have started to leak. There are none in Australia and I am being told they would be about $1059 each plus tax and freight to source from USA. Freight is about $120 on top. ( This is Australian dollars ) Has anyone replaced them recently and have an idea on what they would be to buy over there if I were to try and source them myself ? Any help appreciated.

Engines are Volvo Penta D6-310I-A and the part numbers I have been given are 2 x VP22577750 Volvo Penta Coolant Pumps. If I can source them myself at a better price, the mechanic is happy to fit them for me but that is what he is getting from the agent here.

Of course they have recommended all the coolant hoses be changed as well but they are available here and about AUD $177 + tax here which is not as painful.
Like Post Reply

If you don't get an answer here hop on over to boatdiesel.com and you will probably get lots of good feedback and recommendations.
Like Post Reply
(03-23-2020, 09:28 PM)Orkun Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Contact these guys here in California. Tell them bigboatben from silver seas yachts sent you and they’ll take good care of you. When are your freshwater cooling system either flushed or removed and boiled out? If it’s been 5 years do that to before for running your new pumps. If you have to much back pressure in the raw water side of your freshwater cooling system you’re going end up with two new leaking pumps in short order.

Cheers,
Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  does anyone own a Tiara from like 2009 etc that had the Volvo pod drive system sluggo 2 274 01-19-2020, 02:45 PM
Last Post: rapnjar
  volvo d6 bus failure? johnhesch 1 972 08-13-2017, 07:12 PM
Last Post: johnhesch
  2009 Volvo IPS Problems? HBSteve 5 2,557 05-03-2017, 12:48 PM
Last Post: jriebe