Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiara Sovran New owner, 2010 Sovran 3900
Hello!

I am about to close on a 2010 3900 Sovran in FLA. Anybody know of a shipper I could use to get her to New Hampshire?

Thanks!

Greg
Like Post Reply

Congrats on the new boat. Check out U ship for quotes.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply
Thanks!

Uship is exactly who I am getting quotes from.
Like Post Reply
All Aboard Marine Hauling would be my choice, (732) 270-4848.  But be prepared, thats a long haul and won't be cheap.
Like Post Reply
Hi Greg,

Congrats on the 3900 Sovran.

How did your transportation go? We are also looking to buy a 3900 Sovran. We live in the PNW and there are no 3900s here. Pretty much all of them are on the east coast. Looks like we might have to truck it over. Did you find a good surveyor in FL?

Thanks.
Jay
Like Post Reply
Good morning Jay,

The hauling was a disaster. I hired Chad Renner and Tyler Green on U-Ship. UShip took a small deposit. The haulers, in their ad, stated that they would want the permit money up front. Due to Covid, permits were taking a long time. You will find that the 3900 is over the height limit and width limit. VERY expensive haul to the west coast.
The driver was a no show and stole my money. UShip gave me the $1100 back and did nothing further....
The BEST surveyors are Steve Berlin (Independent Marine Surveyors) for the boat, and Dan Mattos for the engines and generators. They are hard to get but worth EVERY penny.
We ended up closing and moving the boat via water....

Good luck!

Greg
Like Post Reply
Wow.. that sounds like an ordeal. Glad you got the boat back on her own bottom.

I will have my broker get some bids on hauling before making an offer. Hope it won’t blow out our budget. Wish we had some options on the west coast. I would just hire a captain and bring it up.

Let’s see how it goes.

Thanks for sharing your information. Much appreciated.

Regards,
Jay
Like Post Reply
Congrats on the purchase Greg! We have an 08 39 Sov and love it. Message me if you have any new owner questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply
Just thought I would post an update.

We bought the 2007 3900 Sovran that we surveyed in Ft. Lauderdale. The pods were rebuilt, heat exchanger service’s etc.. we use Joule Transport for trucking the boat cross country to Seattle. They did a really good job taking care of the boat fixing shrink wrap a couple of times.

One question on the 3900... do you have updated electronics with Volvo easy connect? The MFDs on our were updated with Garmin 7612xsv and I would like to use the easy connect to integrate all engine/evc data to the MFDs.
Like Post Reply
Thank you for providing the information and review for Joule Transport.  We are buying a 3800 Open in Texas and are looking into shipping options to get the boat to California.  I just contacted Joule for a quote.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Convertible] New Owner rjstaleyjr 0 67 06-02-2021, 11:00 PM
Last Post: rjstaleyjr
  52 Sovran robertjhoran 3 112 05-25-2021, 09:27 PM
Last Post: jclark003
  [Tiara Sovran] San Francisco Bay Area “future” Tiara owner BayAreaCharlie 1 202 03-28-2021, 02:39 PM
Last Post: dbriceno
  New Tiara owner Richard Worley 3 409 03-05-2021, 09:06 AM
Last Post: ardoski14
  New owner of 1999 Tiara 3100 Open whittem1 5 434 02-21-2021, 09:13 PM
Last Post: ReelMagic