Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Member - Searching for 94-99 TIARA 4000 Express
Hello Fellow Captains,

I am a new member doing research in preparation of buying a 4000 Express. I live in Stamford CT on a Marina and am looking for a a 4000 Express with Cummins engines with >1500 hours, Good-Excellent condition, with maintenance history. (Willing to listen to Caterpillar pros and cons too but Cummins is first choice.)

My goal is to buy in May 2020 so I have the whole summer to cruise with my family before daughter goes off to college. I have three grown kids all together that will cruise with us and their friends. Destinations include Montauk, Block Island, Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, Chatham, Long Beach Island and Ocean City.

I want to learn as much as I can about the Tiara 4000 Express, so I can make an informed purchasing decision. I would appreciate meeting and chatting with other owners on their experience with this boat. 

Thank you very much in advance and I look forward to hearing from you!

Captain Eddy
Like Post Reply

Hi Capt

First you want a boat survey and an engine survey.
It is critical to see if the aftercoolers have been serviced every 1000 hrs or 2 years.

Do you have pics of the boat ??
Love to see it.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply
(04-11-2020, 10:03 AM)bsause Wrote: Hi Capt

First you want a boat survey and an engine survey.
It is critical to see if the aftercoolers have been serviced every 1000 hrs or 2 years.

Do you have pics of the boat ??
Love to see it.

Thanks

Hi,

There are several boats I am looking at. I will message you some links. I'd love to get your opinion on them. Eddy
[-] The following 1 user Likes CaptEddy's post:
bsause (04-12-2020)
Like Post Reply
I have a 2000 41 open and absolutely love the boat. It is a friggin tank and handles the seas very well. I am not familiar with the conditions in the areas you run in. I am in the Gulf Stream around mid/south Florida and it can get pretty rough. I also take it to the Bahamas where it really does well.

The systems are pretty self explanatory and accessible. Anything I have had to do has been pretty easy. Pumps are reachable, wiring is laid out well and all fuses and breakers are easy to get to. (With the possible exception of behind the dash, it's a little bit of a reach)

Mine has Cat power and I have had a few cats over the years so I know them and looked for them. Never had Cummins so don't have much to add about them.

Let me know if you have any questions on the boat itself.
Like Post Reply
Sounds good

Like Post Reply
Just wondering if you found a boat. I have a 94 4000 with Cummins. Bought it in Florida past January and love the boat.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Sovran] Tiara Sovran esazia@aol.com 1 163 03-04-2024, 09:51 PM
Last Post: jclark003
  2005 Tiara 36 Open Rick B 2 320 02-01-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: hiccup
  New Tiara 38 LS levetzzz 2 675 01-04-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Hifirush
  New Tiara 38LS Sean G 9 5,782 12-31-2023, 08:15 AM
Last Post: levetzzz
  [Tiara Convertible] 2015 Tiara 3900 Convertible Tragethon 1 514 12-19-2023, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Hifirush