Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windshield vent motor
Hi, I’m Dan, I have a 1996 Tiara 3100 open. The electric windshield vent motor has stopped working. I have no information on it other than the name on bottom of unit is Thomson.  Any help with repair or replace would be appreciated.
Like Post Reply

Can't help you with the repair, but if you contact customer service, they should be able to provide the manufacturer.

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply
Piggybacking... the vent actuator on our 2007 3900 Sovran works but will wake up the dead. Any information on sourcing a new motor would be helpful.
Like Post Reply
Measure the actuator fully closed and (assuming it isn t working) disconnect it from the window mount and open the window as far as it normally would be and measure the distance from closed to open. That will give you the approximate travel of the actuator.

Go online and Google Thompson linear actuators. You will find a ton of suppliers and can look at the specs on them. You don't need one with a heavy lift capacity. They will have them listed by length, travel distance , voltage, shaft diameter and lifting capacity.
Like Post Reply