Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
33 open air conditioner
Hey Captains...My 1989 33 open has the original air conditioner mfg'd by marine air systems.... It stopped working this season...but my

troubleshooting indicates it might be the "mother board" and not the compressor!  Can anyone offer a suggestion on where to get a
replacement?  I cant seem to find the manufacturer, I think they are not in business anymore, at least with that company name...
Any assistance would be welcome and appreciated!
Like Post Reply

These people might be able to help if you call them,

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]marineair.com
Chuck
Like Post Reply
(06-13-2016, 03:13 PM)stones throw Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

(06-13-2016, 03:38 PM)pHotoman41 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

You can also try here, [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Good luck.
Like Post Reply
I have two friends that had similar issues with their Marine Air A/C units and sent the control board and display to Micro Air Products in NJ.... Suggest you contact them to see if they can help. Both friends sent the control boards and display for repair and were very satisfied with the repair and cost..... All OK now. Here's the WEB site for Micro Air Products: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Hope this helps.
Like Post Reply
A good AC tech can add any brand control to your old existing Marine Air Conditioner. They all do the same thing. One relay or solid state relay turns on the compressor, another turns on the fan, a third turns on the pump and lastly one turns on the reversing valve or heating element.
There is no magic. It does not matter if it's digital, or analogue, they all do four functions and can be wired to your old unit. Of course there are bells and whistles to check humidity, run a program, display various values etc but the basic four output functions remain. Just find a good tech, not a parts changer.
Capt. George
Like Post Reply
Thanks Captain...Its all black magic to me....Ill seek out a competent tech... Also replacing old parts with new usually involves a "sawzall'...lol   Have you ever replaced  an old Norcold refrig with a new one?   painful!
Like Post Reply
If you contact Micro Air Products and have a competent Tech remove the control board & Display unit and ship it to them I'm sure they can repair for a reasonable price... No replacement with new parts is necessary.... As I indicated in my earlier post two friends, with limited technical abilities, sent their units in and got the repair job done for under $200.00 including shipping. Believe its worth a call to Micro Products.. M2C
Like Post Reply
Hey Big thanks for the lead on Micro Air...those folks tested my mother board and repaired my display board and in 2 days sent it back... Charged me  $112,  Im elated, the air conditioner is now working...Again Thanks for you advice here and the fine folks at Micro Air....
Like Post Reply
(06-23-2016, 03:59 PM)stones throw Wrote: Hey Big thanks for the lead on Micro Air...those folks tested my mother board and repaired my display board and in 2 days sent it back... Charged me  $112,  Im elated, the air conditioner is now working...Again Thanks for you advice here and the fine folks at Micro Air....

Glad they could help........ Have a great summer
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New AC install on 1985 3100 open CaptChris2334 1 1,117 03-30-2024, 01:25 PM
Last Post: jtomlin@hurricanetv.com
  41 Open AC water pump vapor lock esf 3 526 08-07-2023, 04:07 PM
Last Post: esf
  1993 4300 open waste and water level indicators bpro 1 1,908 08-07-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: esf
  03' 38 open helm air vent P/N? jmm 3 1,136 03-05-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: ReelMagic
  Air Conditioner HPF fault, 2020 53 Fly Sapphire 2 1,336 07-19-2022, 10:04 AM
Last Post: Bjablons