Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiara Open Forward or Mid bilge pump?
Two questions, First is I'm looking for advise on how to reach and then change out the forward bilge pump on my 2006 2900 open. This is the Rule 500 gpm pump that checks for water every 2-1/2 minutes located forward of the engine room bulkhead, under the stairs, in the same compartment as the shower pump. 
It looks as though even if the stairs were removed it would be almost impossible to reach the locking tabs in order to release the motor from the base. I did check the circuit breaker under the step and it seems to be ok but i will double check next time i'm on the boat.

Second question is i'd like to confirm if the engine room bilge pump  is called the Mid bilge? I turned the manual helm switch on but didn't hear it run. The dash indicator light came on but a few seconds later i heard a pop noise like a breaker tripped but i don't see where the breaker is located. The pop noise came from the area of the cabin steps.

Thank you
Like Post Reply

cut a 4 inch port in the floor under the stairs with a hole saw you can buy the port access panel at any marine store then you can get to it easy Threw the deck plate
Like Post Reply
You have a circuit breaker for that pump. Mine is under the stairs on the DC un-switched distribution panel for the automatic portion of the pump. Did the power to the pump go off after you heard the POP? You should also have a breaker for the switched portion. It can be under the stairs too or it is one of the breakers on the helm.
Like Post Reply
Yes mid bilge is the engine room.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  41 Open AC water pump vapor lock esf 3 509 08-07-2023, 04:07 PM
Last Post: esf
  [Tiara Sovran] Vacuflush Pump out procedure Donaldjames 2 997 06-21-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Donaldjames
  bildge pump honest mark 4 978 06-20-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: honest mark
  96 Tiara 3500 Express A/C pump relay location John C 2 988 05-22-2022, 06:37 PM
Last Post: John C
  2002 38 open A/C pump fftsm688 16 4,304 05-13-2022, 04:38 PM
Last Post: OurHighLife