Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add Bluetooth to any marine radio $40.00
I am very excited to share an easy upgrade to a marine radio.
I have a Clarion xmd3 marine radio. (2004)
Fusion makes a MS-BT100 Bluetooth (39.95) on Amazon.
Red and white RCA leads plug into RCA inputs in back of radio.
Black ground and a Power lead.
That's it!
Works with iPhone bluetooth flawlessly.
Works from my cockpit.(about 8-10 away) Tiara 3200
I will test total range tomorrow.(Specs say 30 feat)
BTW Fusion does not advertise that this will work with most stereos.
I almost upgraded my entire radio.
About 20 minute install.
Like Post Reply

Good info. Wish I would've gone this route as I replaced my stereo head unit a couple months ago strictly for Bluetooth.
Like Post Reply
I have one on the way, do you have to pair the device up with the radio? Or just pair device with your Iphone once installed? There was another model (200) but i believe it was designed to show a display of songs being played. Were you able to further test the range?
Like Post Reply
The Clarion in my Salon doesn't have an Aux input. It has a 12 disc CD changer, but no Aux. Looks like I need to replace.
Like Post Reply
I put in a Fusion 700i with blue tooth module and it works great! I was also able to hook it to my Garmin NMEA 2000 bus. So I can control everything from my 7012 MFD. I was also able to hook a cable from my Garmin GXM-52 weather antenna to the AUX inputs and now have XM/Sirius radio all controllable on the helm MFD. I feel this is the best integrated sound system out today and the NMEA hook up will work with some other MFD besides Garmin.
Like Post Reply
I got the BT-100 from Fusion and hooked up to my Clarion M 475. The I phone picks the bluetooth signal but the music won't play, tried on Aux and the other settings. Had a set of unused red and white RCA leads from the rear of radio which i plugged the BT-100 into.

Any suggestions??
Like Post Reply
Quote:CaptJim4635 - 8/5/2014 8:09 AM

I got the BT-100 from Fusion and hooked up to my Clarion M 475. The I phone picks the bluetooth signal but the music won't play, tried on Aux and the other settings. Had a set of unused red and white RCA leads from the rear of radio which i plugged the BT-100 into.

Any suggestions??

I think you have it the wrong way. You should plug the leads from the BT-100 into the clarion, into the AUX port, not 'Had a set of unused red and white RCA leads from the rear of radio which i plugged the BT-100 into. ' they are probably outputs to a power amp or something, you have to use an input, if I am understanding you correctly. BTW I think the BT-100 needs power, which you could use t-taps into the power cords for the stereo.
Like Post Reply
Ok thanks, i will check to see which one is the aux port. There were three sets of red and white RCA wires. One set was plugged into the amp, the other is plugged into something unknown at this time. the third set was unused with purple wires which went to rear of radio. This is the set i attached to the BT-100. I powered the device though the amp power on wire and the ground wire.
Like Post Reply
Quote:CaptJim4635 - 8/6/2014 7:58 AM

Ok thanks, i will check to see which one is the aux port. There were three sets of red and white RCA wires. One set was plugged into the amp, the other is plugged into something unknown at this time. the third set was unused with purple wires which went to rear of radio. This is the set i attached to the BT-100. I powered the device though the amp power on wire and the ground wire.

FWIW I just added a plug with RCA plugs on one end, and a plug for the earphones of an iphone on the other end. When I hooked it up , (and I have the clarion cmd4 as well) I tried those rca's with the purple wire, but they didnt work, so I moved it to another set of plugs (with the radio set on AUX and the fm station on). I got lucky and heard sound so I just finished snapping the other in there!! You might try the same.
Like Post Reply
Ok great thanks, will give a try.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XM radio connection to stereo - 43 open bnr@dur-a-flex.com 2 689 06-19-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: bnr@dur-a-flex.com
  Polk Stero/Bluetooth Inoperative jvsodano 1 1,488 09-25-2021, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Sans Peur
  Bluetooth on 36 Sovran Bose 3-2-1 Outlaw 5 5,583 07-11-2016, 03:24 PM
Last Post: sluggo
  Static in marine radio kurts52 1 2,238 09-03-2015, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Uhehner