Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3500 Open Through Hulls
I found wet hull sides below the molded intake vents, in the area of the through hull there where the intake vents and all of the drains from above are plumbed to and drain overboard.  The backside of this through hull seems to be completely inaccessible as is.  Has anybody replaced these?  I am thinking I may have to cut in a 4" hole to stick my arm through and then add an access plate to the hole when I am done.  If any one has done this already or has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.
Like Post Reply

One my 32 I can reach the back of the thru hull by reaching into the plenum from the side of the boat. I had to remove dry and reseal mine as tiara never bothered to seal them off on the inside of the hull. They don't have a hose hooked up because there basically just a drain for the plenum box but any water that gets into the box will sit at the back side off the fitting and leach right into the coring. Tiara really dropped the ball on these plenum drains.
Like Post Reply
(01-20-2021, 10:08 AM)reeltimebrad Wrote: One my 32 I can reach the back of the thru hull by reaching into the plenum from the side of the boat. I had to remove dry and reseal mine as tiara never bothered to seal them off on the inside of the hull. They don't have a hose hooked up because there basically just a drain for the plenum box but any water that gets into the box will sit at the back side off the fitting and leach right into the coring. Tiara really dropped the ball on these plenum drains.

Awesome, thank you!  We are hauling out this weekend, so I'll give it a shot from the outside.  That sounds way easier than the alternative.  How did you dry it out?  I plan to scrape out some core around the fitting and fill with epoxy before replacing the drain as well.
Like Post Reply
Used a allen wrench and a shop vac to get as much rotted wet coring out as possible then i used a pond aerator and stuck the hose into the opening and let it blow air for a couple weeks. Moisture readings went down to acceptable levels and then just filled it in with 5200 making sure the nut was completely sealed on the inner wall.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tiara 3800 Open - Buyer's Guide AtlasRearden 13 5,206 01-19-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: hiccup
  2010 3600 Open Swim Platform bandnew 5 3,161 12-22-2023, 08:36 PM
Last Post: bandnew
  4200 Open with 660 Cummins range? Stripedo 3 2,658 12-19-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Hifirush
  3100 open props bdastu21 2 2,030 11-29-2023, 03:26 PM
Last Post: hiccup
  [Tiara Open] 3600 Open rskdir@yahoo.com 7 6,312 11-22-2023, 10:06 AM