Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MORE POWERFUL RAW WATER WASHDOWN
would like to install a more powerful raw water washdown on my boat, is that a big job? is it as simple as just changing the pump to a more powerful one? do i have to change any plumbing or fuses? mine is just too weak of stream for my liking, thanks in advance.
Like Post Reply

You will need to check the breaker and wire size to your current pump and make sure it will be sufficient for the new one.

I changed my nozzel and hose last year and it made a difference in mine. Not a huge improvement, but enough for me to keep my current setup for now.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Like Post Reply
I changed mine to 7 gpm it was a improvement but not what I was hoping for. I think the quick connects and the diameter of the hose are slowing the gpm out of the nozzle. Make sure your strainer is clean, In south Haven we had terrible duck weed last year and it will plug up anything. I know in ludington you are graced with really clean water but there will still be some in there.
Like Post Reply
thank you guys......
Like Post Reply
Look fir higher PSI pumps, not just GPH
Like Post Reply
(02-13-2021, 12:20 PM)OurHighLife Wrote: Look fir higher PSI pumps, not just GPH

Size matters, use the largest ID  piping you can get and match up the ID on everything
Like Post Reply
What kind of hose are you using on deck? The small diameter spiraled hoses I think work the best to keep pressure up.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tiara Open] 1995 Tiara 43 Open water tank and door/stairs removal chrisrobinson99 1 1,161 03-11-2021, 06:24 AM
Last Post: bruce33
  Want to add raw water washdown in 38 Open CaptGregSTX 9 6,951 06-27-2020, 11:02 AM
Last Post: jrblough@mtu.edu
  Removal of steps to access wiring and water tank. RJOL3 3 3,244 07-10-2017, 10:25 AM
Last Post: ddfour1